Road bike

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by nick67, 1 May 2010.

1. nick67

nick67 Active Member

Need some good advice, currently running a Scott P2 with slicks,was thinking of upgrading to Kona P2 forks as all I currently do is circa 30miles twice a week only on the road.

The thought has occured should I convert it back to a hybrid to use with my sons on a couple of trails near us and get a racing bike.

If I were to go for a new/ secondhand bike what should be looking for that would be a upgrade from the Scott.

Any help much appreciated.

2. OP
    OP
    nick67

nick67 Active Member

Would a Scott Speedster S50 be a suitable up grade to my P2 for road use?

3. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

4. MLC

MLC New Member

This would be an even better upgrade

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/super-six-hi-mod-ultimate-2010-road-bike-ec020251

In all seriousness if you are wanting to buy a road bike then you really need to assess what budget you have and what you want it for. If you want a cheap no thrill entry level road bike then I don't you can go far wrong with the likes of the Allez, Trek 1 series or Giants, Scotts, Merida's and the like of similar ilk. Depending on your budget depends on chainsets wheels etc at 500-750 you may get a carbon fork shimano sora possibly tiagra up to around a grand and you should be getting 105 and carbon forks maybe even frames go above 1500 and you should be getting into the realms of ultegra, carbon frames and if you go higher then the skys the limit as demonstrated by my link. If you go second that then you will be getting a lot more bang for your buck

If however you are looking to have one bike that is all things to all people I don't think it exists

5. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Thats a hell of an upgrade MLC.;)

6. OP
    OP
    nick67

nick67 Active Member

Thanks for the replies.

I like the second option but I'm not spending a fortune, just wanted an upgrade, or should I look to keep the P2 and change the forks and maybe the cassett.

Thanks once again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice