Road condtions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
The roads out here are very dirty as there is so much construction work going on everywhere but from the commuting/cycling point of view it means that getting a flat is very regular and I've had three in the last 2 days. I mentioned this at my LBS and he recommended buying and fitting a 'Zefal Puncture resistant tyre liner'. Has anyone tried this and can comment on the effectiveness or otherwise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
What about up grading your tyres to something with a better TPI?

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Upgrading the tyre is also a good move Gaz but believe it or not getting tyres out here is not so easy and some sizes are like ' hens teeth' to find. Last night the LBS owner took a tyre off a new bike he had for sale and gave me that but he is now worried that replacing it on the new bike may not be so easy. The tyre I got is an upgrade but he still suggested the tyre liner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3tyretrackterry

i had a tyre liner on my rear wheel mainly because sods law says the rear will always puncture first however what i did find was that it made refitting the tyre (Schwalbe city jet) quite a lot more difficult. i aam now running the tyre without liner as the weather is better. I may go back to it in the winter for two reasons i tend to get more punctures in the winter and getting a puncture in the wet and cold is a serious demotivator and always takes longer to repair. I dont know what make my liner is but it is quite a thick rubber and also if not centralised properly can make the wheel wobble a little
HTH

Top Bottom