Road demographics changing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Just seen a report on ITV news @ 05:30 (little 'un wouldn't sleep! :wacko:)

Petrol sales down from 450m barrels of oil to 350m barrels, Authorities monitoring of traffic levels by CCTV showing a measurable decrease AND sales of bikes are up

Tynan

Veteran
loads of bikes clagging the place up this week, can't say there's any less cars at all though, anything but

PBancroft

I think short term there will be more bikes - some will realise its viable for them permanently, some will realise it isn't, and will pay the fuel prices no matter what the cost.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Same as usual here. Except I saw a couple extra cyclists this morning- odd since it was raining a bit. I think I miss a lot of the cyclists making shorter local trips tho' since they seem to get going a bit later than me.

biking_fox

Guru
Bad week fro choosing to do comparative analysis of road use

a) It's the under publicised National BIKE WEEK
:biggrin: Today (weds) is National Bike to Work day
c) temporary fuel shortage fears caused by the strike.

We had 96+ on my workplaces Bike to Work organised ride in. I t was great to see that many people out on bikes. Most were regular cyclists anyway but there were quite a few new cyclists braving the rain too.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
There was definitely more of 'em about today. I was overtaken by a guy on a recumbent on the way home.

I definitely haven't seen him before. Saw two other new faces coming the other way too.

In my defense I did go training after work on Monday and Tuesday so I was a bit tired today. And there was a headwind. Still..

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Biking fox - you're not another Uni/Hospital person - 96 packs went....hmmm...that's me, Sharky and John the Monkey as well in the ride ????

Mr Pig

I noticed less cars on the road the other day, thought it was my imagination. Still too many though. Cars should all be priced off the road, except mine ;0)

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
biking_fox said:
Bad week fro choosing to do comparative analysis of road use

a) It's the under publicised National BIKE WEEK
:laugh: Today (weds) is National Bike to Work day
c) temporary fuel shortage fears caused by the strike.

And GCSE just finishing so less parents on the school run.

LOGAN 5

Thought definitely a lot less cars this week particularly Tuesday. Wish the tanker drivers' strike would go on for ever so the cars just run out of petrol. It was a real pleasure riding in on Tues/Wed with no incidents which rarely happens.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I have noticed that there are fewer cars on the road recently, but put it down to the holidays starting...

The other thing I have noticed is that is getting very difficult to get my bike serviced as my LBS is full all the time...

Top Bottom