Road rage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

I just being watching clips of road rage against cyclist ,there is so much angry out there ,people getting violent over the slightest thing what is wrong with them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What is wrong with them....

Lots ! ^_^

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It's not just driver v cyclist, it is everything, even sometimes here on the forum. I think it is a societal thing where we are now programmed that losing (whatever winning or losing is?) just isn't acceptable and rather than just being part of life's give and take, losing or failure is not an option, whereas in the obvious reality, everyone can't have it their way all the time.
Once you realise that and accept it, life is much less fraught. There is nothing more therapeutic and relaxing than being able to shrug your shoulders, say to yourself 'Oh well, nevermind' and understanding that shoot happens.
I think it possibly started when the school's began to stop competition and sports days etc, because they didn't want 'losers' to be upset. Now people can't handle it when things don't go in their favour.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Performing a highly technical task requiring a level of skill and competence, as well as cooperation, leads to conflict when that skill and competence is called into question.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Must admit, I do get the feeling there are more and more screwballs behind the wheel of a car nowadays. :sad:
It's not just a feeling, there ARE. And they're not just behind the wheel of a car. I'm not sure what has happened in the last 20 years or so, but there are far more angry people about, everywhere.
I think it's a general attitude of "It's my right to do what I like and no-one has any right to stop me. ME, ME, ME."
They've been brought up in the belief that they cannot be punished for their actions. From school onwards. Parents can't use physical punishment, Police have their hands tied. There are no consequences for bad behaviour, so what did all those do gooders think was going to happen?

OP
OP
B

Biker man

It's not just driver v cyclist, it is everything, even sometimes here on the forum. I think it is a societal thing where we are now programmed that losing (whatever winning or losing is?) just isn't acceptable and rather than just being part of life's give and take, losing or failure is not an option, whereas in the obvious reality, everyone can't have it their way all the time.
Once you realise that and accept it, life is much less fraught. There is nothing more therapeutic and relaxing than being able to shrug your shoulders, say to yourself 'Oh well, nevermind' and understanding that shoot happens.
I think it possibly started when the school's began to stop competition and sports days etc, because they didn't want 'losers' to be upset. Now people can't handle it when things don't go in their favour.
Think you are on to something there.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It's not just a feeling, there ARE. And they're not just behind the wheel of a car. I'm not sure what has happened in the last 20 years or so, but there are far more angry people about, everywhere.
I think it's a general attitude of "It's my right to do what I like and no-one has any right to stop me. ME, ME, ME."
They've been brought up in the belief that they cannot be punished for their actions. From school onwards. Parents can't use physical punishment, Police have their hands tied. There are no consequences for bad behaviour, so what did all those do gooders think was going to happen?
nailed it there .

presta

Guru
It's not about cyclists, there was a road works company on BBC Look East last night who have just issued their staff with body cams because so many of them are getting assaulted by motorists. Another similar case here from a couple of years ago.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

Chief Broom

Veteran
IMHO road rage is the visible symptom of the underlying disease effecting society at large or the whole human race come to that. Dangerous individuals running round trying to fill the bottomless well of ego and full time adherents to the cult of self. Not surprising these animated puppets are prone to losing it :wacko:
Could feel sorry for them but most of the time i wish i had a cattle prod :laugh:

OP
OP
B

Biker man

IMHO road rage is the visible symptom of the underlying disease effecting society at large or the whole human race come to that. Dangerous individuals running round trying to fill the bottomless well of ego and full time adherents to the cult of self. Not surprising these animated puppets are prone to losing it :wacko:
Could feel sorry for them but most of the time i wish i had a cattle prod :laugh:
I have been on the receiving end of it my self a couple of times cattle prod sounds good to me 🤠

Top Bottom