1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Rash - A Guide

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by John the Monkey, 13 Feb 2008.

1. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Found this post on BikeHacks, hopefully it won't be of use to anyone :thumbsdown:

Road Rash Crash Course

2. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

my fairly spectacular forearm rash for my last smash got a cheerful male nurse scrubbing it clean

that hurt but it was for the best, you're not a man if you can't hack it but someone else doing it is best

it healed lovely, dressing changed once I think

3. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Scars are all part of the fun...... like a 6 inch patch on my butt with no hair at all....road rashed away.......

4. I've got road rash scars on each knee, my right elbow and shoulder, nearly had some more today thanks to a patch of ice I didn't see:ohmy: Fortunately some good bike handling on my part avoided any calamity:biggrin:

5. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

..oh ok...so mine is more like nappy rash then...

6. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

I've got calcification going on under a roadrash scar on my hip :blush: but have to wait a bit longer before the docs will do anything :wacko: its bloody irritating, and can be quite painful.