Road shoes without mesh vents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
I've never had hot feet even in the hottest weather. I'm fed up riding with overshoes or two pairs of socks (or both). Sticking duct tape over or under them is a faff.

Do any manufacturers make road shoes suitable for SPD-SL pedals that don't have mesh vents above the toes?

vickster

Legendary Member
According to this, the Gaerne Avia are better in that respect

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/product-news/7-of-the-best-road-shoes-5546

mythste

Veteran
I've never had hot feet even in the hottest weather. I'm fed up riding with overshoes or two pairs of socks (or both). Sticking duct tape over or under them is a faff.

Do any manufacturers make road shoes suitable for SPD-SL pedals that don't have mesh vents above the toes?

Most of the GIRO road shoes seem to tick that box and they look gorgeous as well. I use the republic LX SPD as I had a similar cold toe problem and they work a treat.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Go to one of the larger bike shops and have a look. Buying shoes really needs you to try them on as manufacturers sizes are all a little off. I'm a 43 in some shoes, and 44 in others.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Im still using toe covers , pity they dont make MTB style specific ones (?) as i find they get worn to quick due to their fit sitting on the treads of my shoes .

Top Bottom