Road triple help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulosoxo

Hi.

I'm running an XT triple chainset (the touring one with bigger rings) on my Kaff, after my Shifters went ping, I've replaced them with new Ultegra sti's, now I'm not happy with the shifting.

When on the big ring, I have to click the shifters twice, to get it to drop to the middle, then once more to drop to the granny, but the 2nd click isn't as positive as the 1st, so it's easily to click straight through and drop onto the granny.

I always thought the 2nd click was for trimming the front mech on the middle ring.

Any ideas? Would it maybe worth putting another spacer in on the driveside to push the chainset outboard a bit more, so that the chain drops a bit easier?

Cheers all

Paul

Sounds like a little too much cable tension.

The thing is that XT is for MTB and the Ultegra is Road and the mid to high end of the sham**** range have two clicks up and three down thats why you are having a prob. What you can do is lock out one of the rings so you are just using two.

P.H

Über Member
You haven't said what the mech is, or what the previous shifters were.
If you've replaced like with like, then as mickle says it sounds like your cables need adjusting. Or less likley the mech has been knocked out of place. There's no reason why Ultegra STIs and a XT chainset shouldn't work well together if you have an appropriate mech and it's correctly adjusted.

Top Bottom