Road wheels. ( upgrade )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave1088

I'm looking to upgrade my wheels from giant pslo on my defy advanced 0 ( they retail around £450 pair )
Looking at spending up to 1 k for pair
Mainly doing sportives and twice weekly rides of 50 miles
Looking at maybe mavic ksirium sls
Dura ace c24
Fulcrum racing 1

Which is best to go for ? Fairly lite and look good too ?

amaferanga

Veteran
My advice would be to save yourself a lot of money and get some handbuilts based around H Plus Son Archetype rims. If you get pimped hubs and Sapim CX Rays you'll have a superb wheelset for the type of riding you do that'll weigh ~1500g. And when the rims wear out it'll cost you <£100 and your wheels will be as good as new, instead of binning the factory built (or spending several hundred quid on replacement rims).

OP
OP
Dave1088

Dave1088

My advice would be to save yourself a lot of money and get some handbuilts based around H Plus Son Archetype rims. If you get pimped hubs and Sapim CX Rays you'll have a superb wheelset for the type of riding you do that'll weigh ~1500g. And when the rims wear out it'll cost you <£100 and your wheels will be as good as new, instead of binning the factory built (or spending several hundred quid on replacement rims).

Ok thanks

This was how my CAAD10 looked when I bought it and had it specced up with Mavic Kysrium SL wheels.

They are fantastic wheels, but I had to concede the spoke count was too low for me :whistle: If I ever get down to my target weight I will have another set in a flash.

CAAD 10.JPG

Top Bottom