Road Wheelsets - budget of ~£250

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
My love affair with Fulcrum Racing 7s ended rather abruptly a few weeks ago when I filtering through traffic a ped stepped out between cars and we both went to ground. Although the front wheel got me home the LBS have told me it's a write-off. Cue swap to my singlespeed for the rest of the winter season.

Come March though i'm going to need a new set of wheels for my road bike (B'Twin Ultra 700AF). Because i'll not have to replace the drivetrain after the winter i can afford to spend a little more on wheels this year.

I'm looking at a budget of about £250 for a set of wheels. Brakes are direct-mount pivots so no need for disc brake silliness.

Anyone got recommendations?

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Give Johnson's cycles in Stalybridge a ring

0161 304 8980

Yesterday picked up a set of Ambrosios on Miche with stainless spokes for half your budget. A steal in other words. Bits alone would set you back close to 250 notes and that's before the guy even turns a spoke key.

Whilst you're at it order a load of consumables 'cos you've just robbed him.

Thank me later.

13 rider

Guru
I run a set set of alex rims bought from superstar components for within your budget . I was told Alex rims where made of cheese done over 8000 miles so far so not bad for cheese . Superstar components have been used by a few of us on here and no issues I now of

bpsmith

Veteran
Campag Zonda’s used to be the go to wheel at that price. They’re now about £60 more at Chain Reaction, but British Cycling membership halves that difference. Cracking wheels though.

I have also used Fulcrum Quattro’s and these can be had as low as £220 at Slanes Cycles presently. Slightly heavier wheels but are more aero.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Cero AR24 on special deal £189 that is a bargain, just came up on my Facebook.

Reactions: And
Top Bottom