Road World Championship 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was indeed a great race!

Tried to watch it live last night on Norwegian TV (no ads either), but they kept interrupting the coverage with interviews with Thor and Edvald, and anyone in Norway who knows them: went to bed at 02.00.

Woke this morning and watched the repeat of the whole race.

What a great break and lead the gang of five had! Then groups coming and going with different leaders.

And finally the last 300 metres when it could have gone to anyone in the group!

Great finish by Thor, but ruined by the bloody jingoism of the Norwegian commentaters who were verbally up his arse all the time for the duration of the race!

I expect the prices of (ultra expensive already) bikes will now increase by 10% here now!

It was a great race; I watched it on the net and even with the BBC healine spoiling it, it was still good to watch, Gibert must of thought he'd won. Its a bit ironic that the beeb spoiled it as I stayed out of this place so it wouldn't be spoiled but opened this thread to see other folk complaining about it. Simples if you don't want it spoiled avoid this section untill you've seen the race and imc avoid the net total :rolleyes:

If anybody wants to see it again, I've uploaded the highlights to you tube, so folk can get the pleasure of the BBC commentary where ever they are in the world.

Another popular winner, two in a row, excellent. I watched it on BBC and neither whatisface or Boardman saw Gilbert swept up, which resulted in me shouting at the box to stop looking for him and concentrate on the sprint.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Another popular winner, two in a row, excellent. I watched it on BBC and neither whatisface or Boardman saw Gilbert swept up, which resulted in me shouting at the box to stop looking for him and concentrate on the sprint.

Ha! I wasn't the only one yelling at them then!

Ball

[QUOTE 1187043"]
Don't post the result to a race, unless it carries a 'Spoiler' warning until the highlights package has been shown on TV.

Never post a thread entitled 'Whoever Wins Worlds', 1 minute after the race finishes.

If it has a 'Spoiler' warning, then post as soon as you know the result.

I don't think that a little thought about your fellow forummers, who may work different hours or have other reasons for not watching live, is so difficult do you? Well, it seems obviously you do.
[/quote]

Mate you're an idiot. Honestly, if you really really really didn't want to know the result, you really really really wouldn't have read a thread titled Road World Championships. So basically, I think you were just a little bit tempted and perhaps even looking for an argument

Skip Madness

[QUOTE 1187061"]I shall be posting the results of any race in any thread which contains the names of any participant, or even related subject in the future. After all, in a thread entitled "Le Tour" you will expect to see the results of any stage wouldn't you?[/quote]

It would have been better has SPOILER been in the title, but even so if you'd been reading the thread before you'd see we'd all been discussing the previous races straight after they had finished. If you hadn't... you could still have thought, "Highlights will be on Eurosport in a couple of hours, I'll wait 'till then just in case."

In a thread titled "Boonen" you would expect to see the result of any race just because he is in it wouldn't you?

If you had a thread titled Boonen ***SPOLER***, that would probably be even more of a giveaway of recent results than if you didn't. People should be considerate about putting spolier warnings in thread titles, but when the World Championships are on, and it's race day, and the race has just finished, and you not only go on to a racing forum but deliberately click on a thread called World Championship 2010 in which everyone has been discussing the other races as they finish... then you can't be very surprised if you read something you didn't intend to.

yello

More to the point, why is anyone on the web when there's cycling on the tele!! ;);););)

Sambu

Applogies if this is repeated but ive been skim reading to avoid in depth self spoilage! but where can i watch this now?

Ball

[QUOTE 1187061"]
Thanks for your thoughts there Ball. It's always good to get the musings of such a deep thinker :rolleyes:

I shall be posting the results of any race in any thread which contains the names of any participant, or even related subject in the future. After all, in a thread entitled "Le Tour" you will expect to see the results of any stage wouldn't you? Thats why no-one ever posts "Stage 7-spoiler" do they? In a thread titled "Boonen" you would expect to see the result of any race just because he is in it wouldn't you?
[/quote]

Not sure it's something that really requires that much depth of thought. Yes, in a thread entitled 'Le Tour' I probably would expect to see stage results, and if I particularly didn't want to know those stage results, I definitely wouldn't be so stupid as to enter a race related thread.

Maybe you should stop thinking so deeply and use a bit of common sense.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Yes, the thread would have been better with SPOILER in front on it, but originally it was a pre-WCs discussion thread and it mutated. But, also yes, anyone with common sense who did not want to know the results would not look at a thread about the WCs if it was clear that it was still active during and after the races concerned.

Anyhoo... the top three was a complete surprise to me, and a good one too. I've been admiring Matti Breschel this season and Thor totally deserves this. As a bonus, one of my favourite riders, Yukiya Arashiro, was 9th - and what's more there was another Japanese rider, Fumiyuki Beppu in 30th - two Japanese men in the top 30 of the World's? Now that is something no-one would have predicted!

Top Bottom