Road World Championships Bergen 2017 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unbelievable rides! I loved to see the youth on display in both teams. Great to see young riders desperate to win in an event a lot of people don't bother with. Amazing strength from BMC men - they could have won with four remaining if Tejay had been on a slightly stronger day. On the Sky side, I felt sorry for G... should they have selected him when he doesn't look quite fit? Still, he did go decently in the Tour of Britain ITT. Frightening power from Froome when he hung off the back on the climb waiting for Thomas and then suddenly skipped back across the gap to the Sky train 0:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I see young Thomas has got himself another stripy jersey, fairly comfortably in the end.
The Norwegian favourite was in front at the first two time checks, but put himself in the red matching Pidcock's time up the climb and faded to 8th. The hazards of having time checks on earlier riders?

400bhp

Guru
I see young Thomas has got himself another stripy jersey, fairly comfortably in the end.
The Norwegian favourite was in front at the first two time checks, but put himself in the red matching Pidcock's time up the climb and faded to 8th. The hazards of having time checks on earlier riders?

Suppose it's either racing to win or not. He raced to win and I doff my cap at that.:smile:

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Podium015p.jpg

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Cracking ride by Kelderman - good negative split strategy. Will be interesting to see how long he holds on to the top spot. Kiryienka is on the course now - he could do well here, I reckon.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It was a shame about Tao's ride. I was hoping he'd do much better, especially as he's done a lot of strong, sustained front of the peloton riding this year, but he overcooked a corner and crashed. He also said that he couldn't get his breathing right. I felt for him.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Missed that, which corner did he crash on? Was it the same one Bodnar just went down on, by any chance? Kiryienka looked a bit ginger going through the same spot too but managed to stay upright.

Top Bottom