Road World Championships (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I'm sorry to all the valiant supports of female cycling, but there's a reason I've tuned into the Men's race and only watched the highlights of the Women's.

I am not that interested in Women's cycling...
So why is that all they are talking about during the Men's race????

I want commentary on the race I'm watching, not a boring discussion about races I didn't want to watch...

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Finally, Phil got a word in!

I never thought I would want to hear more from Liggo!

lilolee

Veteran
Jo Rowsell did some commentary during the Commonwealth Games and she was excellent. Knew all the riders, insights into their strengths and weaknesses, plus also amusing.

jarlrmai

Veteran
BBC have Liggett and Jose Been, The were also chatting to Marianne Vos and Rochelle Gilmore so these are the people who know nothing about cycling?

They were talking about the womens race with one of the top contenders and the multi commonwealth medal winning owner of Wiggle Honda.... The reason being that the middle of a long long stage race like this is not the most interesting phase of the race.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
BBC have Liggett and Jose Been, The were also chatting to Marianne Vos and Rochelle Gilmore so these are the people who know nothing about cycling?

They were talking about the womens race with one of the top contenders and the multi commonwealth medal winning owner of Wiggle Honda.... The reason being that the middle of a long long stage race like this is not the most interesting phase of the race.
No one said anything about them not knowing anything about cycling...

I know who they are, but I'm still not interested in hearing about the womens' races, nor am I interested in the answers to tweets such as 'what do you have for breakfast'.
It's just my POV - I tuned in to watch the men's road race, I want to hear about the men's season and riders.
I'm not as interested in the women's, so I only watched the UCI highlights yesterday. It's a shame Lizzy got zarked over by the other breakaway riders

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I said they don't seem to know the riders - I would rather listen to dull anecdotes about those in the race I am watching than full anecdotes about riders from another race I chose not to watch live coverage of.
I want a commentator who knows their stuff about men's racing, not just cycling in general or women's cycling or cross or whatever...

Anyway, this Jose Been seems more interested in plugging her twitter account than doing a good job of commentary...

Now, if only Eurosport were able to cover it...

Norwegian Team car crash - one seriously injured, 2 further less serious injuries:
ByndjbFCUAAy1Du.jpg

Top Bottom