Road World Championships (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Not sure there's much point in this mini breakaway but it's better than the dull fare

resal

Veteran
Watched it a few times now and there's no doubt. Vos waited for her and then led her out.

Flying Monkey - good calls +1 Have to say I am not sure quite what we were seeing yesterday.

That race was an appalling advert for women's cycling on a parcours that was fine. Very slow.

Lizzie had no "hard luck" and I have no idea where she is basing her comments on. I saw Emma Johannson attack towards the bottom. The Italian had Bronzini behind so didn't need to chase. Vos chased alone with Lizzie contributing nothing and then as soon they caught Emma, the Italian attacked. Lizzie sat at the back, Vos looked behind. Lizzie was doing nothing, Emma was just caught, so Vos went again. The gap to Vos opened and Lizzie was drifting off with Emma. Emma got going and closed on Vos and the Italian with Lizzie in her wheel. Then as they closed Lizzie looked round and had the perfect view of what was going on behind. Either she could have attacked or, if she fancied herself in the sprint, waited. She waited and Emma got Bronze and she came 7th. And this was the girl who was last "robbed" at Copenhagen when she was not taken to within 5.4m of the line by Cook whilst her trade team-mates looked on doing nothing.

I think I can see a pattern emerging.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
oddly futile attempt by Tony Martin

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I'm trying to get excited about Valgren being in the break going onto the last lap, but stupid Dan Lloyd of GCN ruined it by picking him as winner.

Top Bottom