Roadbike and now thinking of e-bike..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
We have "analog" bikes and an e-bike. For short trips, I use the analog bike. The e-bike is useful for longer rides (10+ miles) where I am not really looking for a workout and just need to get to the destination. It's nice because I'd rather be riding a bike than in a car.

If I ever buy an e-boke, it will be a mid-drive model and they are quite pricey. My problem is once I get to the destination then locking it somewhere secure becomes a problem. Other than that,. I'm all for them.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
No we don’t have “analog” bikes. No such term. We have bikes and then we have bikes with motors.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
To be perfectly legal a throttle can only be used to 4mph before the ebike has to be pedallled except if the ebike predates that bit of legislation enforced in early 2016. Hence very few new ebikes have a throttle.
[Checks date...]

Yes, it was in 2014.

I can see that a throttle with a low-speed cut-off would be ideal for wheeling a heavy ebike up a ramp or hill to steep to cycle, but the rider that I saw using one on the flat and not pedalling was an example of pure laziness. (He could walk to his bike so he could definitely have pedalled it.). He was just using it as a very slow motorbike.

Top Bottom