Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Yes - some of the time

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • No - never

Votes: 45 53.6%
  • No - not a RoadID tag as such but an alternative

Votes: 24 28.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I keep meaning to get a Medical Alert tag. Too many allergies to list on them, makes it a bit difficult, without it being too big to carry.

MedicAlert has a phone number and a ID number no actual medical data, the doc/nurse just phones the number gives your ID and gets the data.

sdr gb

Falling apart
I bought my Road ID wristband about 5 years ago and have worn it every time I've been out on the bike.

I'm usually out riding on my own so if I'm involved in an accident, my family can be informed.

MedicAlert has a phone number and a ID number no actual medical data, the doc/nurse just phones the number gives your ID and gets the data.
Not correct - at least not with the one I use. My medicAlert braclet has my "important medical information" on it - severe asthmatic, allergic to non-steriodal anti-inflamatories (can't have ibruprofen or aspirin) and all dairy products, requires steriods in emergency and that I suffer from a couple of other conditions that in a life-saving situation medical staff would need to know - named on the bracelet, but I don't want to put them here. One of those conditions is such that additional information is available on my records for medical staff to be provided with correct proceedure in the event of an emergency if I can't tell them and if I needed that treatment, I would not be able to tell them with only minutes to live.

You also get a credit card sized 'card' which lists your full conditions (as you have disclosed to the organisation) and all of your medication (as up to date as you keep medic alert informed), name and address which I keep in my wallet. I think it also has emergency contact details on it as well for relatives & GP but can't find my wallet to double check...:whistle:

I got an IceID mainly for when I'm doing long rides on my own (although to be honest my two long rides for 2013 never happened). I'll be wearing it on LEL although if anything happens they should be able to identify me from my rider number.

I found that IceID have less personal information on them (no address for example), it's just who I am, who to call, two phone numbers for them and also the fact I have no allergies.

I bought a yellow one for when I am out on the bikes or hillwalking, but to be quite honest it stays on most of the time now.
Yellow is fun - I bought it because there is no point in having an emergency ID if it is not highly visible!

Had a guy in the pub have a real dig about Lance Armstrong, drugs and corruption, so just sat there waited until he was finished and asked what all that had to do with carrying emergency ID?

He looked sheepish, muttered something and moved to the other end of the bar

Never heard of it, I just carry a post it note sellotaped inside the pocket of my Camelbak which has the wife’s phone number along with instructions to tell her she has won the lottery.

Using yor phone isn't a good idea. It may work:

1. Phones get separated in accidents, and if you find a loose phone, you don't necessarily know it belongs to the victim it is all too easy to phone the wrong person.
2. If the phone is still working.........
3. If you can get in past the screen lock......
4. If you know how to work the menus for that particular phone.....
5. If you actually have a signal

byegad

Legendary Member
Thanks for that. Makes it easier.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Depends on what you opt for. My MedicAlert tag has my long standing condition, my significant allergy and my blood group on it.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Seems like the wristbands are all much of a muchness as regards design/quality. Medicalerts not alone with the contact either. Roadid you can either have your details engraved or subscribe to an updateable online database you then have a contact for the db admin engraved.

Top Bottom