RoadRacer MK3-any users yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Custom24

Über Member
Hi all.

Just added crud racers to my Cinelli Experience.

The front cannot be fitted - the piece that runs under the fork bridge and brake calliper cannot fit through. I'm running a 25mm gatorskins on the front.

The rear fits okay, only a 23mm gator on the rear which may help. Fitting is not all that easy, I'd recommend a stand and 30-45 mins faff:

The rear piece must be screwed together, but the screw itself makes it too tall to slide under the brake calliper. Nor is it easy to get the attachment into place. And then screw it together. And then realise you forgot to thread the cable tie first.

That said, it was easier to get in place than last years sks raceblade without rubbing. Worked on test ride, and only minor rubbing noticed on the 2hrs this morning. :okay:

I had similar faff with the front. I forgot to mention unthread that I had to use a Stanley knife to make the part of the front which goes through the fork a bit narrower at that point. Do this inside, where it is warm. The plastic gets more brittle at cold temperatures. Once I'd trimmed it, the guard was able to sit higher inside the fork, further away from the tyre.

I also had to dispense with the nose at the front, because I could not avoid rubbing with it on. However, I've subsequently put the nose on and it is now fine.

Tin Pot

Guru
I had similar faff with the front. I forgot to mention unthread that I had to use a Stanley knife to make the part of the front which goes through the fork a bit narrower at that point. Do this inside, where it is warm. The plastic gets more brittle at cold temperatures. Once I'd trimmed it, the guard was able to sit higher inside the fork, further away from the tyre.

I also had to dispense with the nose at the front, because I could not avoid rubbing with it on. However, I've subsequently put the nose on and it is now fine.

Thanks, I did try "shaping it" to no effect. How does it react to a Stanley knife? Is it jagged or smooth to cut?

Similar experience here. Couldn't fit the MK3s on the front on the good bike. Not enough space between brake and tyre. The MK2s just about fit. I also found it more difficult to install than the MK2s because the sticky velcro bit came off every time I tried to adjust it.
I didn't want to cut bits off, so I've now put them on the commuter bike which has lots of clearance and they were easy enough to install and work fine on there. The only downside is that they are very easy to take off, so I added some zip ties where they attach to the velcro to prevent someone just walking past and stealing them.

Custom24

Über Member
Thanks, I did try "shaping it" to no effect. How does it react to a Stanley knife? Is it jagged or smooth to cut?
Fairly smooth, but not as smooth as the guy suggests in the crud fitting video. Still, by whittling, I was able to make them fit. I used a sharp multi tool knife, rather than a Stanley.

Top Bottom