Rock Shox Lockout not returning

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Got a pair of air Rock Shox with a lockout but the lockout is not returning, I've taken the cable off & that is not the issue. I have removed the aluminium piece that the cable clamps to & reveals an 8mm, turning that worth a spanner has the same result it turns & turns back but not on it's own. They are under 2 years old (23 months) so under warranty do you think it will cover this or be classed as wear & tear? If not covered by warranty what's the next step?

Levo-Lon

Guru
They have a return spring on the cable version..they snap.
So yes try a claim.
You can buy the lockout insert also but they cost a bit.

If you buy one get the none cable version ,far more reliable

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I'll ring the bike shop I bought it from tomorrow thanks for the reply

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Rang the BS taking the bike in tomorrow, they will look at it & fix if they have the parts & invoice Sram, if not they will have to take the forks off & send them away, I do hope it's the former rather than latter.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Do the Air forks have Oil in them?

The BS is saying that Sram rejected the warranty claim because the forks had never been serviced in 2 years, the forks have only done 560 miles, approximately 50-60 hours, which is within the service interval.

Jody

Stubborn git
Yes they have oil in the lower legs and the damper and should have had a lower leg service at 50 hours. They will probably assume 2 years will be more than 50 hours service. Try and plead your case that the forks have done very little mileage.

How much do you use the lockout? Options are leave it or get a full serivce on them and get the part sorted when stripped. Local company to me does a full service for about £70

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

What fork is it @Phaeton ?
They're Solo Air 100mm but issue is resolved, rang up the BS this morning & spoke to the manager who didn't know anything about it but promised to ring back. Good to his word he rang back 30 minutes later stating they'd taken the cartridge off a new bike & mine would be ready to pick up on an hour. So collected on way home, but it will be the last time I cross their threshold unless desperate.

Levo-Lon

Guru
They're Solo Air 100mm but issue is resolved, rang up the BS this morning & spoke to the manager who didn't know anything about it but promised to ring back. Good to his word he rang back 30 minutes later stating they'd taken the cartridge off a new bike & mine would be ready to pick up on an hour. So collected on way home, but it will be the last time I cross their threshold unless desperate.

Excellent result.

Top Bottom