Rockrider 560 27.5" Wheels - question...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lets not create an elite guys,just because of choice of tyre set ups.
You like them and some don't,it doesn't mean to say people are scared of innovation.
I have saw a lot of innovation in 24 years and I have embraced it to make my trail riding a better experience.
If I didn't I would still be clunking around on a steel rigid.A Judy XC was my saviour on trails a long time ago.
It's not a "I'm right,you're wrong and if you don't agree it's better" scenario.
I tried both,and reverted back.I just preferred it
What do I think ?.No,I don't think anyone becomes a proper mountain biker due to tyre set ups.
I'm no better than you guys and vice versa.
I do Innerliethen and GT every year,and get on fine.
And in no way do I think I am holding myself back.Crikey,I went from a XC bike to a FR bike with long travel fork the last 6 years !!! ^_^
I did that because MTB trails and riding are becoming more aggressive.
There is no wrong or right here,just opinions :thumbsup:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I like the idea of an idiot-proof plug and play tubeless installation, which we don't have - yet.

Air tight rims are needed, putting extra tape on to achieve that looks to me like a bodge to start with.

I've heard stories of the sealant 'balling' in the tyre, that may be down to poor kit and/or hamfisted installation.

Also stories of the sealant failing to seal a puncture, but spraying all over the rear triangle and up the rider's back.

After you've cleaned that mess, the next thing you will do is buy a couple of inner tubes.

I've just put two Marathon Pluses on my trekking bike.

Heavy, sturdy tyres, as you may imagine.

Putting tubes in those seemed very last century.

They ought to seal on the rim, like a car tyre - no need for sealant.

I reckon it's only a matter of time before that combination of wheel and tyre technology will become widely available, and widely adopted.

lpretro1

I like the idea of an idiot-proof plug and play tubeless installation, which we don't have - yet.

Air tight rims are needed, putting extra tape on to achieve that looks to me like a bodge to start with.

I've heard stories of the sealant 'balling' in the tyre, that may be down to poor kit and/or hamfisted installation.

Also stories of the sealant failing to seal a puncture, but spraying all over the rear triangle and up the rider's back.

After you've cleaned that mess, the next thing you will do is buy a couple of inner tubes.

I've just put two Marathon Pluses on my trekking bike.

Heavy, sturdy tyres, as you may imagine.

Putting tubes in those seemed very last century.

They ought to seal on the rim, like a car tyre - no need for sealant.

I reckon it's only a matter of time before that combination of wheel and tyre technology will become widely available, and widely adopted.

If you don't want to use sealant then you can opt for the UST tyre system - same as tubeless ready without the sealant - nut you must use UST rims & tyres - downside is the tyres are heavier so any weight savings from not having a tube etc are diminished

Top Bottom