Rode home from work yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lozcs

Guru
Had to visit our other venue in Manchester yesterday, decided the night before I would take my bike on the train and cycle home.

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/g3CfXz7qPAA

Had to go round a roundabout when I got home as couldn't leave at 99.6miles ;-)

Planned to leave at 2pm but as is always the way didn;t get out till 3pm

Would have hit a decent speed if it wasn't for about 25 miles of dark bumpy canal tow paths and disused railway lines. Nice route though.

Arrived home filthy and knackered - bath and food four hours sleep before up for work again..

Shattered now!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
How long did the ride home take then?

OP
OP
lozcs

lozcs

Guru
How long did the ride home take then?

about 8 hours - 7 hours cycling. Was aiming for 14mph average but after 30 miles was on 16.7 so changed target to 15 as I knew canal and cycle path would slow me down - and boy it did - pitch black, very bumpy and leaves made it difficult to see border between grass and path - did 14.4mph average in the end so quite pleased with that..

Im impressed with the stats sir, well done that man

Thank you!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
about 8 hours - 7 hours cycling. Was aiming for 14mph average but after 30 miles was on 16.7 so changed target to 15 as I knew canal and cycle path would slow me down - and boy it did - pitch black, very bumpy and leaves made it difficult to see border between grass and path - did 14.4mph average in the end so quite pleased with that

Well done, great achievement! :bravo:
Any pictures?
An extended version of your ride report would be nice: this is riders tales, not riders telegrams, you know? :smile:

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Had to visit our other venue in Manchester yesterday, decided the night before I would take my bike on the train and cycle home.

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/g3CfXz7qPAA

Had to go round a roundabout when I got home as couldn't leave at 99.6miles ;-)

Planned to leave at 2pm but as is always the way didn;t get out till 3pm

Would have hit a decent speed if it wasn't for about 25 miles of dark bumpy canal tow paths and disused railway lines. Nice route though.

Arrived home filthy and knackered - bath and food four hours sleep before up for work again..

Shattered now!
WOWZER....Respect dude !

OP
OP
lozcs

lozcs

Guru
Well done, great achievement! :bravo:
Any pictures?
An extended version of your ride report would be nice: this is riders tales, not riders telegrams, you know? :smile:

Thanks, no pics, most of it was in the dark anyway!

Nothing much of note really happened!

Had a taxi pull right in front of me in a bus lane just on the outskirts of Manchester and slam on his brakes to pick someone up nearly hit a fox scampering accross the road near Stafford, saw about 100 joggers running down a34 all wearing same green or orange tops near Stone. The rest was pretty uneventful! No mechanical problems other than had to stop to clear mud what felt like about 2kg of mud from the bike.

Well done loz i can just manage a half hour ride home after a day at work never mind 7 hours. What roads did you use on the way down?

I pretty much followed a route generated with www.bikeroutetoaster.com . I deviated a little from a railway line track as was hard work and slow because it was really muddy, bumpy and dark - also those barriers to stop motorbikes are a PITA - only just wide enough for handlebars means you have to almost stop and scoot through. If you click the endomondo link in the first post you should be able to zoom in and see the exact route I took (including a few wrong turns lol)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Great ride! I love doing rides with a start and an end, using the bike actually to travel somewhere.

Probably only hitch-hiking would have been cheaper - unless you wore out your shoes!

Graham

Glad its not just me who thinks up crazy long rides like this (although I've never done 100 miles!) - Good effort fella, well done. Your ischial tuberosities must be in tatters after 25 miles on canal paths though!

Top Bottom