Rohloff and fully enclosed transmission.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Funnily enough...

Bumped in to a German guy in Fareham today with one of these.

It looks even better in the flesh!

He was also touting a pair of sidepods and an extremely large Pelicase so it obviously carries a fair amount of luggage as well.

I met this German guy on Route 6 along the Loire. He started in Nantes and intended to ride the first 800 k section on a Flevobike. It looked well made and practical. He was as interested in my Q26 as I was in his bike.

John

(this is my first attempt at a file upload so heres hoping!)

Davidc

Guru
Looks interesting but I think I could do better with nearly £3k. If the price came down to less than £1500 I'd take a look, with Rohloff transmission it won't come much below that.

Alf

Guru
Davidc said:
Looks interesting but I think I could do better with nearly £3k. If the price came down to less than £1500 I'd take a look, with Rohloff transmission it won't come much below that.
I thought the hubs cost nearly as much as that. I suppose the all enclosed chain would at last give one significant advantage to the rider who couldn't be bothered with wiping the chain when it got wet. But it's till going to be expensice, heavy, inefficient and impossible to replace if you damage a wheel on tour.:ohmy:

...runs away and hides

starhawk

When I was in the process of buying my Trice Q I seriously considered having a Rohloff, but the price and the fact that I had to convert the gear shifters and so on myself made me skip the idea, which in hindsight is good, because then I would have had a real problem when converting my bike to an electric-assisted bike, because the electric motor is in the rear hub! The electric assist is a real blessing! I just turn on full power and the uphills are much easier

Top Bottom