Rollers fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

I'm simply to old, creaking and distrustful of cold roads to ride much at the moment... So I set the rollers up.

Just for a hoot I put my fixopholous on them. I can now report that for a rider of modest ability this is not a good idea. It was not unlike vague teenage memories of being slightly drunk, but with fear added for good measure.

I'm now using a 'proper' bicycle on the rollers and it's going OK.

I imagine track cyclists train on rollers with fixed. Do you have to be a little bit simple to try it, or just a good rider? It really threw me, in more than once sense of the phrase.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
that sounds a bit like fun

colly

Re member eR
I'm simply to old, creaking and distrustful of cold roads to ride much at the moment... So I set the rollers up.

Just for a hoot I put my fixopholous on them. I can now report that for a rider of modest ability this is not a good idea. It was not unlike vague teenage memories of being slightly drunk, but with fear added for good measure.

I'm now using a 'proper' bicycle on the rollers and it's going OK.

I imagine track cyclists train on rollers with fixed. Do you have to be a little bit simple to try it, or just a good rider? It really threw me, in more than once sense of the phrase.

I don't suppose you happened to catch it on video? I could do with a laugh. ^_^

Top Bottom