"Rolling for you" '90s Mountain Bike Video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Dredged from the depths by youtube's "recommended" algorithm..

I enjoyed this for many reason; the quality of production, rider skills, scenery, nostalgia-tugging qualities of the gear, cars in shot and soundtrack.

I've never really been into MTB riding but guess this video was made around the time when the concept was really gaining popularity and harks back to a seemingly more simple, honest time of rigid diamond steel frames, 26" wheels and road-bike-esq geometry.

Compared to some of the hardcore / idiotic stuff on youtube from recent years this all seems terribly tame (no disrespect to the riders), but I guess at the time when MTBs were emerging doing some of this stuff on something other than a BMX was pretty cutting edge..

Anyway, hope we like this nice little escape :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Dredged from the depths by youtube's "recommended" algorithm..

I enjoyed this for many reason; the quality of production, rider skills, scenery, nostalgia-tugging qualities of the gear, cars in shot and soundtrack.

I've never really been into MTB riding but guess this video was made around the time when the concept was really gaining popularity and harks back to a seemingly more simple, honest time of rigid diamond steel frames, 26" wheels and road-bike-esq geometry.

Compared to some of the hardcore / idiotic stuff on youtube from recent years this all seems terribly tame (no disrespect to the riders), but I guess at the time when MTBs were emerging doing some of this stuff on something other than a BMX was pretty cutting edge..

Anyway, hope we like this nice little escape :smile:

Ruddy hooligans. :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS same geometry as my road bikes, 73 parallel. Fast XC bikes, but my god, having a modern bike with a dropper and slacker front end.... :wacko: My modern Trail bike climbs as fast but goes down much better.

Top Bottom