ROMET Hurricane Road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeddleMyCrank

Hello to u all. Hope you're all safe and well out there with Covid-19 hitting so hard across so many of our communities.
Ok so I have decided to get back on a road bike for the 1st time in 20 yrs. I spent a heck of a lot of my youth racing up and down the back roads of my county, Dublin, IRE. I loved it but with work and other things getting in the way I lost that interest I once had. Now I'm looking to buy a good road bike as a starter back on the roads and was hoping for some helpful advice. I had my eye on a Cube bike yesterday online for just over a grand but it takes months to get them into the country. The bike I'm wanting to get is one that I saw in the store yesterday and the name is above on the title. It's a ROMET HURRICANE Road Bike.. Does anybody on here have any knowledge of these bikes and whether or not they are a good bike?? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time ppl and be well

All uphill

Still rolling along
Welcome!

That's a new one on me!

Romet Huragan, made in Poland. The Sram gears and Mavic wheels are proven, and, apparently most carbon frames are made in one of a very few factories, so could be fine.

If you are buying from a good local bike shop and can try it then you shouldn't have much to worry about. If its mail order, then good luck!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The hurricane looks okay but nothing special. I'd be a bit wary of buying this obscure brand. What sort of warranty do they offer?
You have a Decathlon in Dublin, why not see what they have? They offer excellent VfM with proven models. Warranty is excellent, 1 year on components and lifetime on the frame.
What about secondhand?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

I haven't come across them before either, aluminum frame and fork, three by seven speed tourney gears.

vickster

Legendary Member

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I'd rather have the practical 3 x 7 transmission than pay another 400 and get lumbered with 11 speed narrow chain stuff. It's not an upgrade in my book, more of a liability.

si_c

Guru
ROMET are a decent brand - they do a good range of bikes in all series and you see them everywhere in Poland.

That being said the bike you are looking at seems to be an old model and is woefully overpriced - the comparable 2021 model is 2000pln which is about €450.

OP
OP
PeddleMyCrank

PeddleMyCrank

Welcome!

That's a new one on me!

Romet Huragan, made in Poland. The Sram gears and Mavic wheels are proven, and, apparently most carbon frames are made in one of a very few factories, so could be fine.

If you are buying from a good local bike shop and can try it then you shouldn't have much to worry about. If its mail order, then good luck!
ROMET are a decent brand - they do a good range of bikes in all series and you see them everywhere in Poland.

That being said the bike you are looking at seems to be an old model and is woefully overpriced - the comparable 2021 model is 2000pln which is about €450.

Listen pal I want to thank u for replying to my question. I should've looked it up more than I did but I haven't been around bikes like this for over 2 decades and I'm on a fitness buzz now. I am using the Bike To Work scheme? Don't know where ur from man. Do u know of these types of schemes??
A guy I work with told me it was way over priced, and that I was being ripped off by the shop but I wanted to come on here and see what other good ppl who have knowledge of cycling, and bikes, have to say on it.
I really appreciate the feedback. It helps me massively my friend. Hope to speak with u again someday in the future.
Take care of yourself and ur family too. It's a crazy time to be alive and trying to keep safe so look after yourself.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Triple chainsets are a pain.

In what way are they a pain? I've never had the slightest bit of trouble with any of mine even where the bike has been previously hard used and not maintained.
Wide range of gearing, spreads the wear across multiple front chainrings, tends to use robust reliable components. Don't need a stupidly large and expensive rear cluster, and you don't have some ridiculous super long cage rear mech hanging right down close to the ground to get damaged - which is an especially dumb idea when used on a MTB.

Maybe it was because they were on my MTBs and getting caked in mud each time.

I don't see the point on road bikes unless you're very heavily laden.

Top Bottom