Ronde van Nederlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Front Blackburn lowrider now fitted, and my 'ship' complete with front/rear panniers and handlebar bag had it's first proper ride home from work. Feels great, looks the dogs!!!

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Albert Hein
Super de Boer
Plus
C1000
Dirk
Jumbo
Spar
are all national chains.

They are usually smaller than UK supermarkets and have less choice and far fewer non-food articles. Bread, meat, fruit & veg are usually better from local shops (of which there are more than in the UK) and most towns of any size will have a market at least once a week (Saturday and generally either Friday or Wednesday).

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I am actually looking for suppliers of 'spiritus' which is the Dutch name for methylated spirit which my Trangia runs on. I will be arriving in Europoort/Rotterdam 'dry' so will need to stock up on it on the first day.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
ComedyPilot said:
I am actually looking for suppliers of 'spiritus' ... will need to stock up on it on the first day.

Bike off the boat on to the main road, "Harwichweg". The third street on the right, where the through traffic swings round to the left, is Prins Hendrikstraat. There is an Albert Hein just round the corner at number 382.

If you go to this site and fill in "Hoek van Holland" in the "uw woonplaats" ("your town") box or "3161 AW" in the "Vul uw postcode in" box, you will see that it is within spitting disance of the harbour. Albert Hein opens at 8 in the morning and sells spiritus in blue plastic 1 litre bottles.

Oops thought you were arriving at the Hook. Just fill in Europoort on the same site and there is an Albert Hein on the Molenweg shopping street in Rozenburg. After you have stocked up, keep going through Rozenburg to get the ferry to Maassluis. The ferry is on the LF1 route.

CP why will you arrive dry? Personal choice or ferry requirement? Your little bottle of meths shouldn't make a huge difference amongst the cars and trucks. I know they used to drain motorbike tanks on the Isle of Man Racket but not met it anywhere else.

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
John Ponting said:
CP why will you arrive dry? Personal choice or ferry requirement? Your little bottle of meths shouldn't make a huge difference amongst the cars and trucks. I know they used to drain motorbike tanks on the Isle of Man Racket but not met it anywhere else.

Good point, I was just thinking with my sensible head on. With my sealed Sigg bottle secreted in a pannier who's to know?

Top Bottom