Ronde Van Vlaanderen *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
He does seem more relaxed to let loose (between RvV and PR) compared to other years.
I know he always does this show for his fans in his fan-club, but he hammered that Primus down after the line, drank the champagne on the podium and also drank this beer (as I saw on tv yesterday).

I'm wondering if he's feeling like it's going to be hard(er) to win PR and is trying to enjoy this RvV victory some more?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Either that or it's some incredible sandbagging!

Reminds me of my triathlon last year - it was on the Saturday and I went out for the usual Friday lunchtime pub sesh with my colleagues. The colleague who was also doing the triathlon stuck to lemonade while I had my usual two pints.

I beat him, of course. :becool:

U

User169

sportograf-46300494_lowres.jpg

Yours truly at the top of the Paterberg on Saturday...

U

User169

Did you do the full track?

By the way, you look better in the avatar picture ;)
(but I am assuming that must the effect of the Paterberg :biggrin:)

Yep - did the full thing.

It's a great day out: really well organized and the support is just fantastic around the course, especially on the bergs. My chain unshipped on the Karnemelkbeekstraat and I couldn't get going up the hill again, but no problem, one of the spectators gave me an almighty push to get me going again. My mate's saddle nearly came off, but again no problem, a farmer ran out with a big roll of gaffer tape and they managed to patch it up again.

The slight downside is that it's getting quite a big event now in terms of numbers taking part and the first half down to Oudenaarde is a bit hairy on the crash front. Saw a few spills on the cobbles too!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Lance has let himself go a bit!
You've probably ridden one more RvV than him and won as many TdFs:smile:

Top Bottom