Ronde Van Vlaanderen *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
Terpstra has been made co-leader with Boonen, Stybar is shadow-leader
(Strangely no talk of Vandenbergh who was last season through-out the classics the most constant of all OPQS, has shown form this year again and will be motivated by a new-born daughter)

Boom will be riding RvV (and PR) but it will be as lieutenant for Vanmarcke since his elbow isn't completely recovered/pain-free yet

Nick Nuyens (I know... but still ...let's mention the ex-winner) has again some bad luck, this time it's the flu

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i love how every body lamblasts wiggo for his descending skills and early bail outs - while hiding behind their screens. Would love to see some of you lot racing and descending at the speeds these guys do, i bet you don't get half way up the first climb before you start thinking about the broom wagon coming along

absolute joke

U

User169

i love how every body lamblasts wiggo for his descending skills and early bail outs - while hiding behind their screens. Would love to see some of you lot racing and descending at the speeds these guys do, i bet you don't get half way up the first climb before you start thinking about the broom wagon coming along

absolute joke

Top ranting!

OP
OP
thom

thom

____

absolute joke
One cheeky comment is hardly everybody lambasting him is it ?

I quite like descending actually, not that I dislike ascending but my 80+ kilos seem more suited to going down rather than up.
Not sure what it's like at peloton speeds on closed roads in the wet but I can tell you about the Cormet de Roselend on your own in the dark with no lights: hairy, very hairy!

jowwy

Ive seen more than one cheeky comment - especially after last years giro

But i guess your all pros and can do better.

OP
OP
thom

thom

____

We take the piss out of lot's of riders here, not because we can or can't do better at bike handling, but because it's fun, at least to us.

British riders at Sky do seem to have a good recent history for coming off their bikes : Stannard, Thomas & Wiggo are obvious examples, Froome has had his moments on descents too. Underlying the comment is what for me is a perfectly valid poke at the pomposity of the Sky team, the mantra of marginal gains, the psychology of Steve Peters, that quite often the Brits might do a bit better if they were allowed to race with stabilisers… :whistle:

jowwy

We take the **** out of lot's of riders here, not because we can or can't do better at bike handling, but because it's fun, at least to us.

British riders at Sky do seem to have a good recent history for coming off their bikes : Stannard, Thomas & Wiggo are obvious examples, Froome has had his moments on descents too. Underlying the comment is what for me is a perfectly valid poke at the pomposity of the Sky team, the mantra of marginal gains, the psychology of Steve Peters, that quite often the Brits might do a bit better if they were allowed to race with stabilisers… :whistle:
The sky team full of multiple stage winners, classics winners, world champions, olympic champions.

Get a grip - its not unusual for brits to lamblast their own when things go wrong.

Why not just support them and embrace the best british racing team thats ever been put together. Rather than slate them when a few things go wrong.

Best of british to you.

Are you serious?

Of course most of us can't do better but then we're not professional riders, we're fans and quite often the piss taking hides a fair bit of disappointment for the rider and If you look a little further you might find it's born out of empathy rather than dislike.

Top Bottom