Ronde Van Vlaanderen *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
thom

thom

____
The sky team full of multiple stage winners, classics winners, world champions, olympic champions.

Get a grip - its not unusual for brits to lamblast their own when things go wrong.

Why not just support them and embrace the best british racing team thats ever been put together. Rather than slate them when a few things go wrong.

Best of british to you.
Chill out dude - I fear you're over-reacting rather. It would be a great shame for the wide variety of cycling fan posters here if these pages became the sole domain of humourless SKY/team GB propaganda...

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
:addict:

U

User169

The sky team full of multiple stage winners, classics winners, world champions, olympic champions.

Get a grip - its not unusual for brits to lamblast their own when things go wrong.

Why not just support them and embrace the best british racing team thats ever been put together. Rather than slate them when a few things go wrong.

Best of british to you.

Because it's bike racing, not football!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Wiggins compared his descending in last years Giro to that of a big girl's blouse.
Maybe you should send him some criticism too, jowwy.
Comparing us to a rider who is paid millions of pounds to descend quickly is a bit of a stretch!

MisterStan

Label Required
48063808.jpg

jowwy

Wiggins compared his descending in last years Giro to that of a big girl's blouse.
Maybe you should send him some criticism too, jowwy.
Comparing us to a rider who is paid millions of pounds to descend quickly is a bit of a stretch!
never mind rich - one day you may descend as bad as wiggo did in the giro and we can watch you on TV while you do it......but then again even if he did descend like a big girls blouse, its still a lot quicker than half of the guys who post on here about it.....whether they get paid millions or not.

and i'm not just defending Wiggo either.........i just laugh at the fact that you guys constantly go on about how bad some of these guys are, if they were that bad, they wouldn't be professional riders getting paid millions to do so.........so one even posted recently how bad cav was doing in the sprint finish's........which is down right diabolical

jowwy

Obviously one needs to be a "cycling god" * to be allowed a critical remark.

*TM jowwy
oh here we go - lets have a pop just cause i put some comedy gold comment in my signature - take a look at my avatar, do i look even remotely like a cycling god

it's called taking the P**S out of oneself.

raindog

er.....
I too bow down before the Cycling God :smile:

Hont

Guru
Of course Wiggins is a better descender than most of us, but - the point being - in the wet he's not better than many in the peloton.

Likewise I'm pretty sure I'd do a poor job of commentating on cycling for hour after hour, but I still criticise Carlton Kirby because I know that there are people better than him who could be doing the job.

You don't have to be good at something to have a critical opinion.

The Couch

Über Member
And ... back to to topic, please :smile:

Terpstra might have been overdoing himself a bit, being (perhaps) in the mix (too much) on both stage 1 and stage 2.
His TT today in 3d DP-K wasn't up to his usual standard, so hopefully for him he can recuperate a bit by Sunday

rich p

ridiculous old lush
And ... back to to topic, please :smile:

Terpstra might have been overdoing himself a bit, being (perhaps) in the mix (too much) on both stage 1 and stage 2.
His TT today in 3d DP-K wasn't up to his usual standard, so hopefully for him he can recuperate a bit by Sunday
He'd better, he's my pundit pick! In his defence, he lost time when he unclipped on the start ramp.
That's an observation not a criticism of his cleat technique @jowwy:thumbsup:

jowwy

He'd better, he's my pundit pick! In his defence, he lost time when he unclipped on the start ramp.
That's an observation not a criticism of his cleat technique @jowwy:thumbsup:

Maybe you pro pundits should show him how to clip in/out properly

Top Bottom