Rose Bikes of Westbury, Wiltshire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
Has anyone bought a bike from this office/depopt in Westbury, Wiltshire.
Do they have a show room where you can have a look at the bikes, buy one and take it home with you if you like it?

Cheers

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I was in contact with Finlay when buying my Rose (ordered from Germany). Don't think it is a showroom as such but worth contacting him and checking it out, he's very helpful. I think he may have some bikes there and in the past have seen some ex display advertised for sale after the end of UK bike shows

Rose UK Sales, Media and service:
FINLAY PATON
Phone +44 7775 786709 fin@rosebikes.co.uk

Office Hours
9am - 5.30pm / Monday to Saturday

Rose UK 14 Kingdom Ave,
Northacre Ind Park, Westbury,
Wiltshire, BA13 4EW
Visitors by appointment only

Kbrook

Veteran
I've spoken to him, didn't find him particularly helpful if I'm honest. He doesn't sell bikes but does stock a few to look at, by no means the whole range though and in limited sizes. On the other hand Rose in Germany are very helpful, so much so ive ordered a bike and am just awaiting delivery.

Mrs M

Guru
I've spoken to him, didn't find him particularly helpful if I'm honest. He doesn't sell bikes but does stock a few to look at, by no means the whole range though and in limited sizes. On the other hand Rose in Germany are very helpful, so much so ive ordered a bike and am just awaiting delivery.
What have you chosen?

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
OK here's where I'm at..
I'm due to have a visit to the UK from Jan 12th- 18th and I live in Deal Kent, I will be landing at Gatwick at about 9 oclock in the morning of the 12th Jan so I thought if I went to there place at Westbury I could have a look at the bikes,
I'm a bit reluctant to buy something that I can't see in the flesh and even if I did I'm only in the UK for 6 days and should something go wrong with delivery times I'm in the poo...
Plus if they send a bike from Germany after the christmas break its all cutting it a bit fine if they dont have a shoe room.
Cheers youngoldbloke I will try those numbers but I'm not sure how long there christmas break is..

Kbrook

Veteran
i would say that you would have next to no chance of having one delivered by Jan 12th anyway, obviously depending on what you want.
I think your plan sounds good, have a look then get it delivered to Spain.

Incidentally what are you looking at ?

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
i would say that you would have next to no chance of having one delivered by Jan 12th anyway, obviously depending on what you want.

I have just bought a house in Deal, Kent so I need a cyclecross and road bike for the UK, we will be moving back to the UK next year (2015) at some time.

I want to get a cyclecross bike and my top 3 are..
Rose DX 2000 105
Cube Race Disc 105
Giant TCX SL 2 105..
All about a grand-ish

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I've been waiting a month and the latest update is another 3 weeks. Not in a rush luckily,if I get it too soon I'll end up taking it out in this crap weather.

No chance for this visit to the UK then..:biggrin:
PS. Just thought of something else... some firms are reluctant to take money on a Visa card in one country and send to another country.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran

Morning Kbrook..

What is the delivery costs to the UK as I have a Spanish IP server the German Rose site won't let me enter anything because I'm in Spain and trying to pay in UK £'s and if I pay by €'s it wont send to the UK as the address is different.. All good fun...NOT.

Top Bottom