Rose bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a new road bike and I'm looking at the Rose Pro SL with interest. Not an especially well-known brand it seems but they seem to garner good reviews. Does anyone own a Rose bike? Would you recommend the brand?

An excellent company for bits but i wouldn't buy a bike unridden/unfondled.

D

Deleted member 23692

I've got a Rose Granite Chief MTB and can't fault it.

Prices are good as it's a direct to consumer brand like Canyon, YT etc. Kit is all good with no own brand crap cutting corners - Shimano (XT), Rockshox (Pike, Monarch RT3 and Reverb), DT Swiss wheels, Raceface finishing kit, Ergon grips and Schwalbe rubber.

Customer service and spares availability are great, although postage is a bit steep if you're only buying small items, however they do use DHL which are probably the best carriers out there.

Give 'em a go before the CC massive descend and recommend you get a Boredman or one of the other non-imaginative forum go-to suggestions

vickster

Legendary Member
All depends if you’re comfortable spending £1k plus on a bike you’ve not sat on / tried :okay:
If you’re an experienced cyclist confident in the size and geometry you need, happy to take a bike out of a box and get it ready for the road and it’s the right bike for you, why not :okay:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I bought one just over 5 years ago;

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/my-new-best-friend-pic-heavy.182476/

It's still my best friend.

I swap to my Defy or my beat up old Apollo through the winter and picking the Rose up and sorting it out for when the weather starts to pick up the following year still makes me a very happy bunny indeed.
It was nerve racking spending such a wedge of cash on something I hadn't seen in the flesh, never mind sat on. But I don't know too many bike outlets round here that would let me take a bike for long enough to really get the feel of it anyway, so I didn't see an awful lot of difference.
As in my thread above, Rose's service through the process was super efficient. They made the bike I wanted, with the bits I wanted and it arrived when I wanted. As regards back-up service, I have no idea as it still hasn't missed a beat :okay:

Top Bottom