My new best friend (Pic heavy)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
On Friday afternoon my new BFF arrived, it'd been what felt like an age waiting with a little stress involved too. First ride out was Saturday morning and we're now about 250 miles or so in to our fledgling relationship including an imperial century on Sunday.
I'm a very happy bunny!!!
Rose 2.jpg

Rose 3.jpg

Rose 4.jpg

Rose 5.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
veeeer nice Muggers....

How did you find Rose's service?

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
veeeer nice Muggers....

How did you find Rose's service?
Cheers Ian.
I think it would be best described as efficient. I spoke to and emailed Finlay (the UK rep) a couple of times before I pushed the button. After that I emailed Germany on a few occasions to check on various bits and bobs. The emails from Germany were always prompt and accurate and answered my questions, but they weren't what you'd call "friendly", but as I said they answered my questions and what turned up in the box was exactly what I ordered, so where it counted it was spot on :okay:
If I got a problem, well I'd rather not have to find out to be honest.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cheers Ian.
I think it would be best described as efficient. I spoke to and emailed Finlay (the UK rep) a couple of times before I pushed the button. After that I emailed Germany on a few occasions to check on various bits and bobs. The emails from Germany were always prompt and accurate and answered my questions, but they weren't what you'd call "friendly", but as I said they answered my questions and what turned up in the box was exactly what I ordered, so where it counted it was spot on :okay:

To be honest, re friendly replies. I deal with German companies on a daily basis and it's the norm. Direct and to the point. It's not that they are not friendly, it's just the German way. So what you say about Rose comes as no surprise.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Cheers Ian.

Accords with my experience, Rose are efficient but the reps don't believe in wasting words.

I'm sure the explanation by @ianrauk is spot on.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
To be honest, re friendly replies. I deal with German companies on a daily basis and it's the norm. Direct and to the point. It's not that they are not friendly, it's just the German way. So what you say about Rose comes as no surprise.

Accords with my experience, Rose are efficient but the reps don't believe in wasting words.

I'm sure the explanation by @ianrauk is spot on.

Exactly my thoughts. They weren't trying to make friends they were doing a job and doing it well, I had no issue with it but (without stereotyping) it's what I expected from a German company :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Exactly my thoughts. They weren't trying to make friends they were doing a job and doing it well, I had no issue with it but (without stereotyping) it's what I expected from a German company :smile:

Service in the event of a problem will be the acid test, as with any company.

But you've bought a quality bicycle from a maker with an excellent reputation.

You've already done 250 miles over a few rides - plenty for a good shakedown.

Any problems would have shown themselves by now.

As you know, care and maintenance is the same as if you'd bought the bike locally.

There's nothing odd about a Rose bike, all the bits are serviceable and replaceable.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along

I must admit I quite like that approach, all the fake chumminess and what are you doing at the weekend chat you get from some is OTT unless you've got an existing relationship with them.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Service in the event of a problem will be the acid test, as with any company.

But you've bought a quality bicycle from a maker with an excellent reputation.

You've already done 250 miles over a few rides - plenty for a good shakedown.

Any problems would have shown themselves by now.

As you know, care and maintenance is the same as if you'd bought the bike locally.

There's nothing odd about a Rose bike, all the bits are serviceable and replaceable.
I'm a couple of thousand miles down the road with mine, and it was perfectly set up out of the box. All I've had to do is tweak the rear mech cable tension just the once in the 18 months or so i've had it.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm a couple of thousand miles down the road with mine, and it was perfectly set up out of the box. All I've had to do is tweak the rear mech cable tension just the once in the 18 months or so i've had it.
Yep, pretty much bang on out of the box, although I will admit my legs were shaking as I was unpacking it, nerves and excitement.

Top Bottom