Rose bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Beware of Bikester, they still owe me £390. Ordered in early december as the item was listed as in stock, didnt ship until 4th Jan and tried to charge me £92 in import fee's. The parcel has now sat in a UPS depot for 2 weeks while they try to get it back before they can give me a refund. Pretty frustrating.

GoldenLamprey

I've never used Bikester, but it sounds like the issue is with UPS and 'teething problems', rather than the company.

GoldenLamprey

I managed to get a derailleur hanger for a Rose model around New Year and avoided any fees. This is a Rose-specific part, with only one UK importer. Clearly, not something needed every day, but this is the sort of thing that will trip us up and result in import fees.

Suppose it will if you purchased a Rose bike from Germany. If you buy a bike with a specific unique part to that model or brand then you buy knowing its harder to obtain than something a local bike shop has.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've never used Bikester, but it sounds like the issue is with UPS and 'teething problems', rather than the company.

Teething problems probably, but UPS will only be working with the documents given to them and the problem has been compounded by the fact that it's almost impossible to speak to someone at Bikester - if you look on their facebook page all of the advertising posts are being jumped on by angry customers owed money which is never a good sign :laugh: UPS should share some of the blame though, they tend to be useless in my experience. It's amazing how a company who's sole purpose is to deliver parcels can be so bad at delivering parcels... :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
Teething problems probably, but UPS will only be working with the documents given to them and the problem has been compounded by the fact that it's almost impossible to speak to someone at Bikester - if you look on their facebook page all of the advertising posts are being jumped on by angry customers owed money which is never a good sign :laugh: UPS should share some of the blame though, they tend to be useless in my experience. It's amazing how a company who's sole purpose is to deliver parcels can be so bad at delivering parcels... :laugh:
Did you pay with a credit card? Try a chargeback through your provider and then it’s up to Bikester to sort it out

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've used Bikester a good few times. Never a problem.
Until now, a £30 item dispatched on 15th January seems to be stuck in customs.

JhnBssll

Veteran
This is the UPS tracking data for my parcel to date :okay::laugh:

01/02/2021 16:09 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom We're in the process of returning this package to the sender.
Return to Sender Requested 01/02/2021 13:32 - A delivery change for this package is in progress. / The package will be returned to the sender.
01/02/2021 3:07 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom Warehouse Scan
29/01/2021 3:09 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom Warehouse Scan
28/01/2021 3:12 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom Warehouse Scan
27/01/2021 3:02 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom Warehouse Scan
26/01/2021 3:09 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom Warehouse Scan
25/01/2021 3:02 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom Warehouse Scan
22/01/2021 2:58 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom Warehouse Scan
21/01/2021 8:32 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom The delivery change was completed.
21/01/2021 7:39 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom Destination Scan
21/01/2021 4:00 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom Arrived at Facility
21/01/2021 1:16 Stanford Le Hope, United Kingdom Departed from Facility
19/01/2021 21:40 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom The delivery change was completed. / We'll contact the sender or receiver about this delivery.
18/01/2021 20:59 Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom The delivery change was completed. / We'll contact the sender or receiver about this delivery.
18/01/2021 18:12 - A delivery change for this package is in progress. / The package will be returned to the sender.
18/01/2021 12:02 - Import C.O.D. charges are due for this parcel. Select Pay Now.
18/01/2021 12:01 - The receiver must pay the duties or taxes due on the package.
16/01/2021 12:14 - Your package was released by the clearing agency.
16/01/2021 4:00 Frankfurt, Germany The package is delayed due to a Brexit related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible.
15/01/2021 21:19 Frankfurt, Germany Documents or data needed for export processing are missing or incomplete. We are working to obtain this information. / The information requested has been obtained and the hold has been resolved.
15/01/2021 21:19 Wendlingen, Germany Documents or data needed for export processing are missing or incomplete. We are working to obtain this information. / The information requested has been obtained and the hold has been resolved.
15/01/2021 19:57 Frankfurt, Germany Documents or data needed for export processing are missing or incomplete. We are working to obtain this information.
15/01/2021 4:00 Frankfurt, Germany The package is delayed due to a Brexit related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible.
12/01/2021 10:48 Wendlingen, Germany Documents or data needed for export processing are missing or incomplete. We are working to obtain this information.
09/01/2021 2:14 Frankfurt, Germany Arrived at Facility
08/01/2021 23:00 Wendlingen, Germany Departed from Facility
Shipped 08/01/2021 20:06 Wendlingen, Germany Origin Scan
Label Created 08/01/2021 16:47 Germany Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.

JhnBssll

Veteran
My UK VAT was also paid before despatch, but I still got a £98.21 invoice from UPS... I suspect the problem was I paid VAT before the rules changed, and since the value was over £390 the new rules suggest I shouldn't have paid it until invoiced by the carrier. Unfortunately Instead of refunding me the difference I guess Bikester kept the VAT and filled the paperwork in with it included in the total value, hence me being billed again. Oh well, my parcel still hasn't moved from the warehouse :rolleyes:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Mantel in the Netherlands also has it sorted. No orders to the UK over £135, though (that would mean VAT on delivery).

Top Bottom