Rose Owners Opinion Sought

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclone1

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've posted, but have just ordered a Rose X-Lite road bike and was wondering what other Rose owners opinions are of their bikes.

I've done a fair bit of research and am lucky to have viewed a couple of Rose bikes in the flesh. However it's always good to hear from owners.

I used this site quite extensively a few years ago when starting out on bikes again and the forum members were very helpful. In that time I've had two great bikes, firstly a Cube Peloton Race and then a Dolan L'Etape.

Looking forward to the new bike....

Jules

Hi Jules.
I got a Rose Xeon CGF 3000 this time last year.
For the money i think they are fantastic bikes. I love mine.

They give you a dispatch date when you place the order, and mine was spot on. Then it took another week to arrive here.

I had an issue with the seat post clamp. It took several emails to their customer service dept but they eventually sorted it for me.

So i would definitely recommend them.

goody

Veteran
Just waiting to get the credit card down a bit then I'm putting in an order for a CGF. Probably 105 with a couple of upgrades and the Rose 1400 wheelset. Really like the look of the X-Lite but the CGF is probably a better fit for me (slightly longer headtube might suit my 50 year old back) What spec and colour did you go for? I'm probably going for the matt ud carbon. If they still did the white I might've gone for that.

I have had a Xeon RS 3000 for over 3 years and love it, only issue I had was their credit card system took about 15 payments and maxed out the card when it was ordered, swiftly resolved though.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I have a Xeon CRS 3000, beautiful matt UD carbon. No problems, perfectly set up from the box. All I've really needed to do in over 2 years is tweak the cable tension just once when the rear indexing showed signs of drifting. Also ordered other items from Rose - e.g. computer, pedals, wheelset, stem etc without any problems, and quick delivery. Fantastic value. It has attracted a lot of interest and favourable comment too.

huwsparky

Über Member
My X Lite arrived about a month ago now. Done about 400 miles on it so far.

I'd recommend them as a company 100%. I initially wanted to change my saddle and they had no problem with switching it, although since I decided to give the saddle more time to get used to my ass so that opportunity has passed, but that's not the point as they were willing to change it.

I love the Matt UD finish on mine, but if I were you, I'd try to see one in the flesh first if possible.

Fantastic value for money, working it out, the frame and assembly is pretty much free of charge, you just pay for the components.

And don't forget, you get vip points which equates to money to buy accessories from their store.

I suppose you could buy a Cannondale, Giant, Trek etc and have the same bike as everyone else! I really didn't want to spend 3k on a bike and see loads of them about...

Attachments

• IMG_20160327_103030.jpg
    IMG_20160327_103030.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 445
OP
OP
Cyclone1

Cyclone1

Cheers for all of the positive replies and great to see quite a few owners of Rose bikes.

I've ordered an X-Lite CRS 4400 in Matt UD Carbon / Yellow. Spec wise it has SRAM Force. The only changes I've made are selecting the Rose RS1400 wheels with Continental Grand Prix Attack / Force tyres over the DT Swiss Dicut 20's (the Rose wheels are assembled by DT Swiss), XG90 cassette and Ritchey carbon handlebars.

I've recently done a few test rides on a Giant Defy Advanced Pro 2, nice solid feeling bike but was underwhelmed and not for me. Strangely it felt good getting back on the Dolan again and made the differences between the two types of bike more noticeable.

Looking forward to the Rose....

martinclive

Über Member
You will love it!

I bought Carbon Pro RS 3000 3 years ago - love it, one thing I really like is that it was all good spec (from wheels to finishing kit) and you can get what you want upfront ~(as you have) and then no need for immediate upgrades

It's light and solid - only issue has been one broken spoke in 3 years - otherwise perfect

Mine came with the wrong cassette - but quick email and they sent me the correct one (and no need to return the original) so no complaints

OP
OP
Cyclone1

Cyclone1

Cheers Guys, appreciate the replies. Just need to sit tight and endure the long wait for it to be delivered.

Jules

huwsparky

Über Member
I was between two sizes as it happens. They told me at 5ft 9 that I would be OK on a 53 or a 55 but they would recommend a 53cm with it being a race orientated frame. However having said that, Fin their UK rep said I'd be better with a 55cm.

The problem I had was the head tube on the 53cm was 30mm shorter than my current bike and I know that this would be very aggressive for me so that edged me to the 55cm and to be honest I'm very happy with it for size with a 90mm stem. My legs apparently are 2cm longer than average for my height so this would only have amplified the problem with a short head tube. Feels more aggressive than my Giant but still comfortable on a 100miler.

What did you go for, how tall are you?

OP
OP
Cyclone1

Cyclone1

I've gone for the 59cm frame. When compared to my current Dolan and previous Cube I think it's the closest match albeit different frame geometry. I'm 6ft 1 with an 89/90cm inside leg, this indicates a 59cm on the Rose size calculator. Fin from Rose checked my previous frame sizings and agrees.

It's a risk as was able to check my size on the previous bikes I had, but think I will be fine.

Jules

Top Bottom