Rose Owners Opinion Sought

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huwsparky

Über Member
You'll be fine then 100%. They'll change the stem etc for you anyway should you need to.

So great to be able to buy a custom made bike off the peg. Effectively, that's what you get when buying a Rose, being able to choose everything on any given frame.

Kbrook

Veteran
My X Lite arrived about a month ago now. Done about 400 miles on it so far.

I'd recommend them as a company 100%. I initially wanted to change my saddle and they had no problem with switching it, although since I decided to give the saddle more time to get used to my ass so that opportunity has passed, but that's not the point as they were willing to change it.

I love the Matt UD finish on mine, but if I were you, I'd try to see one in the flesh first if possible.

Fantastic value for money, working it out, the frame and assembly is pretty much free of charge, you just pay for the components.

And don't forget, you get vip points which equates to money to buy accessories from their store.

I suppose you could buy a Cannondale, Giant, Trek etc and have the same bike as everyone else! I really didn't want to spend 3k on a bike and see loads of them about...
Is that the xlite team? Didn't think the xlite crs had those wheels. Any more close up pictures to hand?
To the OP I have a Pro sl 3000 and love it, my next bike will probably be an xlite

OP
OP
Cyclone1

Cyclone1

Is that the xlite team? Didn't think the xlite crs had those wheels. Any more close up pictures to hand?
To the OP I have a Pro sl 3000 and love it, my next bike will probably be an xlite

Plus what specification did you opt for on your X-Lite Huwsparky?

Cheers Kbrook - another positive for Rose bikes.

huwsparky

Über Member
@Kbrook @Cyclone1 - Yes, it's the Xlite Team 3100 which is the Ultegra Di2 version. It comes standard with the Ksyrium Pro wheelset but I upgraded them to the Ksyrium Pro exalith SL wheelset mainly for aesthetical reasons (to keep the brake track black not alu colour).

Don't have many pictures at the moment but I'll put some up here when I take a few :thumbsup:

BTW - if your thinking of these wheels as an upgrade check the price for both crs and team versions as they were a lot cheaper to specify on the team over the crs for some reason.

OP
OP
Cyclone1

Cyclone1

That's a nice spec. You are right about the upgrade of the wheels being better with the Team model over CRS. If you specced up the CRS to the same level as the Team then there is only around £100 difference making the Team a no brainer.

On a positive I am happy with the RS1400 wheels so no need to go for even more expensive wheels. This keeps the gap between the same spec CRS and Team at £500 which for my build makes the CRS more attractive financially.

Jules

marcof11

@huwsparky . how many spacers do you have in the headset? I would like more than the maximum that one can configure ( 25mm). Do you think is possible ?
I am thinking of getting the X-lite team as well . Glad to hear that you like the UD finish. Do you have any more photos?

huwsparky

Über Member
@marcof11 I have 25mm of spacers under the stem. Yes, it is possible to fit more but they won't using carbon spacers for safety reasons. I don't really understand fully what difference it makes having alu over carbon but that was the reason I was given.

I do have a few more pics, I'll post them up later when I get home. They are not very good ones so don't get excited. Ironically, I took the Rose off the road for the winter in the week and today was my first ride back on the Giant defy. I really miss the Rose, quite badly. As a minimum I'm going to have to change the bars to get comfortable on the drops. And di2 is even better than I thought after going back to mechanical. I guarantee you will not be disappointed if you buy this bike.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
@marcof11 I have 25mm of spacers under the stem. Yes, it is possible to fit more but they won't using carbon spacers for safety reasons. I don't really understand fully what difference it makes having alu over carbon but that was the reason I was given.

I do have a few more pics, I'll post them up later when I get home. They are not very good ones so don't get excited. Ironically, I took the Rose off the road for the winter in the week and today was my first ride back on the Giant defy. I really miss the Rose, quite badly. As a minimum I'm going to have to change the bars to get comfortable on the drops. And di2 is even better than I thought after going back to mechanical. I guarantee you will not be disappointed if you buy this bike.
I wondered why you didn't get any trophies today!!!! :smile:

huwsparky

Über Member
I wondered why you didn't get any trophies today!!!! :smile:
Haha, I'm firmly in winter mode Richard!!! Time to back off a little.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Might be worth checking out the height of the conical spacer/cover above the steerer tube before specifying how many spacers.. This adds to the quoted height of the head tube before you add spacers. On my Xeon CRS it is 25mm, but looking closely at the X Lite pics on the Rose website it looks lower - 15 - 20mm. (huwsparky?) So on my Xeon CRS3000 I have in effect 50mm of spacers above the top of the head tube - 25mm cover + 25mm carbon spacers. IMO Best to start with more if you are unsure, you can always take some off.

Top Bottom