Rother Valley Country Park to Kiveton Park Station

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Yep that makes sense, thank you very much, sort of how I envisaged, probably more obvious when I get there

Jody

Stubborn git
If you have a spare 15 minutes its worth a quick ride down Diggers Downhill near the visitors centre.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Eventually got around to this today, too much work & not enough life, didn't do my homework properly & tried to rely on memory instead of having another look at the route suggested by @Jody so when I came out of Rother Valley I turned left then took a footpath on the right, got across the M1 & back onto Cycle Route 6, but then went wrong again after the Cemetery in Wales, there was no sign post that I saw so ended up in Harthill, but it was all good in the end.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1614175696 I think that's public, if not I'll look at the settings if somebody tells me otherwise.

Reactions: mjr

Jody

Stubborn git
That wasn't too much of a detour looking at the route. What's it like in Noorwood woods these days?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I didn't go through, that's where I went wrong, I turned left out of RV, up the hill slightly & then along a footpath which was a driveway with loads of CCTV but then ended up at a dead end & had to come back. Hopefully doing it again next week or week after so will turn right & drop down the hill next time.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Did this yesterday, the side of the canal from Sheffield Rd up to the posh houses was very overgrown, then in front of the posh houses it wasn't obvious where to go & I sort of felt I shouldn't be there, until I realised where the exit was. It's very nice on top of KIveton pit top, not sure what the big circle thing is about though. Then across Hard Ln & to the canal end, such a shame that they decided to fill the canal in, but nice ride will certainly be doing it again, @Jody Thanks for the help.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Did this yesterday, the side of the canal from Sheffield Rd up to the posh houses was very overgrown, then in front of the posh houses it wasn't obvious where to go & I sort of felt I shouldn't be there, until I realised where the exit was. It's very nice on top of KIveton pit top, not sure what the big circle thing is about though. Then across Hard Ln & to the canal end, such a shame that they decided to fill the canal in, but nice ride will certainly be doing it again, @Jody Thanks for the help.
Chesterfield Canal Trust are aiming to open the whole canal up again I believe. It's great riding the towpath from Kiveton Station all the way to Worksop, and from where the canal opens up again at Staveley to Chesterfield. There is a stream-sized part of the canal in between, but a lot of work, money and time (read years) needed to sort it all. Plus plans tend to change over such a huge project. They are doing some construction work at the Staveley end (about 1 mile from Pools Brook Country Park on the TPT) at the minute.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Chesterfield Canal Trust are aiming to open the whole canal up again I believe.
I'd like to think it were possible but I'm not sure they could ever raise enough money, I suspect it would run into 10's of millions, not sure the posh houses would like losing some of their land & barges going past their lounge windows. Then getting underneath the M1 & the route through Kiveton is likely to have houses built on it before it happens. But like you I like the Kiveton to Worksop, last week I rode Ranby to Scofton, hopefully tomorrow I intend to ride Scofton to Markham Moor

Top Bottom