Rotherham to Cleethorpes, route suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lee1980sim

So come Sunday the wife says we're off to Cleethorpes with her parents, they don't drive and we only have a Punto, so I thought I'd cycle there and car back that way I get to do what I want too instead of just spending time cooped up in a car then trundling along the promenade, Google maps suggests predominantly using the A631 and there appears to be no cycle routes do any of you have other suggestions or have you done the route if so what was it like?

Bodhbh

Guru
I think the problem iis, without a massive detour, you can only cross the Trent at either Gainsborough or Scunny - which pretty much shoehorns you onto the A631 at least till Gainsborough. I don't know the area west of Gainsborough much, but I'd get off A631 as soon as you pass it. The back roads going thru Waddingham, South Kelsey, etc would be much nicer - you can either follow them thru to Caistor or follow alongside the A631 and take the backroads over the wolds. I'd be inclind to do the latter out variety and you can get a good view out to sea at some points.

Top Bottom