Rotrax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just back from collecting a bike from my bucket list . A Rotrax !

IMG_20180429_151449359.jpg
IMG_20180429_151457479.jpg
IMG_20180429_151508475.jpg

Been after one of these for years only because mum used to ride a pink one back in the day .

And when I was offered this earlier in the week it just had to happen.

midlife

Guru
Splendid :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Did the previous owner sell it cos he kept riding into the back of things whilst moaning about how crap old brakes were. :whistle:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Are you referring to the front brake apparently lacking a wear adjuster barrel on the upper arm?
No more about not being able to get to the levers, modern brakes may permit you to brake 'from the hoods' but with those brakes/levers I for one would like a good 'handful' of them and unless yer chin was on the stem my wrists would never cope. Guess I'm just 'Old Skool'.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
No more about not being able to get to the levers, modern brakes may permit you to brake 'from the hoods' but with those brakes/levers I for one would like a good 'handful' of them and unless yer chin was on the stem my wrists would never cope. Guess I'm just 'Old Skool'.

I think a set of replacement pads will improve the braking quite a bit in all fairness , seeing as it's stopping power was low on my test ride earlier

Top Bottom