Roubaix vs Alternatives?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
You may prefer titanium... ;)
It's my personal preference; a 10 year old Van Nicholas Yukon and Chinook.

Titanium is an extremely valid consideration for sportive-endurance bikes, for me it offers the perfect blend of super smooth ride comfort, weight and performance, ideal for fast mile eating days in the saddle, for those rides I use my Chinook, or for slightly more sedate but equally long days touring, my Yukon. In addition to the riding experience also worth noting that these bikes often do not lead a precious life, in and out of bike bags for flights to foreign events for example; few bikes are as robust as Titanium. With no paint to chip and often classic designs they can still look good after many years of use.

There are quite a few to choose from; I've listed just four potential options, Van Nicholas Zephyr, Enigma Evolve, Lynskey Sportive and Kinesis Racelight GF ti although as you can see from the data below the latter maybe a bit long and low for some. As I listed the reach and stack of each bike we were discussing in my earlier post I have done the same here with these Titanium options.
Van_Nicholas_Zephyr_56cm.jpg

ti4.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom