Round The World On Bicycles (1929)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

"Round the world on bicycles. Mr J.T.R. Lennie and Dr. J.H. Bell set off on adventurous journey, they hope to make the trip in 6 years. Liverpool. Merseyside."

@mark Beaumont eat your hat out :okay:

hoopdriver

Guru
I’ve got books by Thomas Stevens, an American who did a round the world ride on a pennyfarthing in the 1880s and a book by John Foster Fraser who did it on a standard “safety” bicycle in 1896. Both are rollicking reads.

I personally rode around the world in under ten seconds while on assignment at the South Pole during the Antarctic summer of 2000. I pedalled a bicycle around the pole itself, crossing every line of longitude “en route” in my sub ten second circumnavigation. Weirdly enough the record keepers don’t recognise my “effort”! ^_^ :bicycle:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I’ve got books by Thomas Stevens, an American who did a round the world ride on a pennyfarthing in the 1880s and a book by John Foster Fraser who did it on a standard “safety” bicycle in 1896. Both are rollicking reads.
Thomas Stevens's book is available from Project Gutenburg, if anyone wants to read it. He seems a bit of a fussy eater!

Top Bottom