Rounded Nipples

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

>Rounded Nipples

I like it when they go really hard.

Oh sorry wrong issue :laugh:

1.gif

- Yep rounding off a nipple - sometimes its the bloody nipple tool that rounds of the square sections :sad:

bad boy said:
Sorry if this sounds stupid but by cutting the spoke does that not just remove the spoke as opposed to the rounded nipple !?.

I guess you would still need to use a screwdriver to unscrew the nipple from the rim and as Jimboalee pointed out if the spoke is filled flush you may need to use something else.

The nipple only sits on the rim through friction.

You can do two things - either cut the spoke and get a new spoke and nipple or

unscrew the nipple and then get a relacement nipple.

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
accountantpete said:
The nipple only sits on the rim through friction.

You can do two things - either cut the spoke and get a new spoke and nipple or

unscrew the nipple and then get a relacement nipple.

Thank you pete I thought there was a kind of thread in the rim the nippple screws into, but I take it that by cutting the spoke the nipple will just simply come out

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
bad boy said:
Thank you pete I thought there was a kind of thread in the rim the nippple screws into, but I take it that by cutting the spoke the nipple will just simply come out
The thread for the nipple is on the top bit of the spoke, it shouldn't be attached to the rim.

Matthames

Über Member
bad boy said:

Yup, the nipple would simply come out, but wear eye protection when you do this though! The nipple can come out with quite some force!

D

Deleted member 1258

jimboalee said:
Mole grips.

+1 on the mole grips, I have always used these for the odd occasion I've come across rounded nipples

Top Bottom