Route suggestion planning app.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Hello all, I've seen in the past an app or website that you can use to plot a route from you starting point. You tell it where you are, what distance you want to do and if you want a linear or circular route and it plots a suggested route. Can't remember the name of it, any ideas?

vickster

Legendary Member
Ride with GPS? Strava?

Tizme

Veteran
I use cycle.travel a lot when I am going out on my tourer, some of the routes can be less kind to a full carbon, but this is not meant as a negative, quite the opposite. I used it for a ride out to Weston-Super-Mare (around 70 miles, round trip) and it really was a nice days riding.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I use cycle.travel too and @Littgull is a big fan.

I use it to suggest routes and it does come up with some cycle paths and quiet roads that I would otherwise have missed. I usually then transfer the routes to my Memory Map/Ordnance Survey app for checking and modifying. I always check any sections that I am not sure about on Google Street View. The site software is sometimes a bit too keen to avoid what it considers to be busy roads and (for example) thinks nothing of sending me up a 20% climb and descent to save 1 km of A-road! That's why I like to check a route before committing to it. Great for ideas though.

Top Bottom