Royal Baby name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
If I had posted such a picture on social media during my employment years, I would have been sacked on the spot. Mistake or not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48226247

he has specifically referenced this in his formal apology. My guess is he was too quickly looking for the gag, without engaging his brain.

"I needed no lessons on the centuries slurs equating simians and people of colour. Racism at it's basest."

In an age when policians seem totally unprepared to take any blame, it is a shame that someone who immediately holds their hands up, admits an error and tries to make amends get pilloried in the press. Is there no room for forgiveness? I hope he finds another job soon.

This one never came anywhere near resigning. And never apologised at all really.

And he didn't make a mistake/mispeak - he meant what he initially said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ister-to-an-orang-utan-claims-he-9695231.html

Yes Danny Baker will be back I hope.

Inspired broadcaster - listened to him a lot - read two of his books - never heard anything from him with even a whiff of racism.

And in case anyone tries it on, I have pretty sharp antennae for racism and won't tolerate it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The BBC is in a difficult position given Baker's employment status, or more specifically, lack of it, and the private nature of the tweet.

The tweet was not done under the auspices of the BBC - assuming it was his own twitter account.

Baker is not a salaried employee, his programme will likely be made by a media company he owns which has a contract to provide the programme to the BBC.

He takes no issue with the term 'sacked', but strictly speaking the freelance contract with the media company has been terminated.

That's why the BBC statement was carefully worded : "Danny will no longer be presenting a programme for us."

It also paid tribute to him as a broadcaster because even gobby cockneys have rights and the BBC will have wanted to avoid any hint of trashing his reputation.

Top Bottom