Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I know this should be in 'Your ride today' but what the heck.An opportunity arose at 11-00 when the shopping trip was cancelled.Mrs Postman was going out to lunch.So on with my cycling clothes,the bike was ready yesterday.Overcast but no wind,off i went nice and slow.Just a little tootle.Meanwood,Shadwell,Alwoodley,Eccup Res then towards Bramhope,it was going well.Legs ached a little but that was expected.Now rolling down King Lane in Bramhope i felt rain spots.No need to spoil things turn left.Otley Road towards Headingley,two lattes one bacon sarnie.everything went well.14.5 miles.My cheap computer does not do average,i will have to put CYCLERS back on the phone.Am i happy you bet i am.One problem the waist line it has to go.:bicycle::hyper::wahhey:One more thing when i need speed it was there.

cubey

Über Member
Positive steps there.:bravo:

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Wonderful! No waiting for Monday or even Tuesday next week. And how long ago was your last ride? I know it is a while.

It could have been May or June Rufforth 44 miles between Wetherby and York.I was aiming for York but blew up as such.But there was a ride where i only got to Bramhope after aiming for Otley which is only 12 miles away from Meanwood.I thought my heart was going to burst through my chest it was thumping that hard,and a headache to go with it.If i delve into my posts i could find the exact ride details.Anyway i'm back.Arranged for a ride on Monday short to Otley or a bit longer to Knaresborough The new windshell jacket also performed well and it looks good,a fabulous blue colour.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Checking back on my posts it looks like my ride was late June early July.It was just before the Orlando holiday.I have this thing about not cycling before a holiday,in case i fall off or something happens to me.It would put a dampner on the holiday.So last ride around July.It's a long time.The turbo, i started on in November.I felt great this morning,looking forward to Monday.

Top Bottom