Rubbee X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

First I hope in right place for some touchy folk just reading about a conversion kit called Rubbee X to turn a bike into a ebike looks good to me.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They will probably go... Link? :whistle:

What about if you have panniers/rack? Also it says if you opt for the 3 battery module, it has 350w of power. So illegal then?

For those after a link... https://www.rubbee.co.uk/product/rubbee-x/

It's quite comical, really.
What if you have not just panniers/rack, but - gasp! - those unusual things which are just very occasionally useful when it (very rarely) rains ie mudguards?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They will probably go... Link? :whistle:
I don't think he knows how to post a link.
So @Biker man here's how to do it if you're on a phone or tablet.
Put your finger on the address bar of the page you want to link to and hold it down. You will then see this, click on the share button (two leg logo with three dots) and then you will see a variety of options, click on 'copy link' .
Open the cycle chat page and hold down your finger on the box.
You will see an option to paste so click on that. Your link will appear.

Last edited:
Looks OK - never seen a successful ebike kit that has friction drive so I would be wary of that
Also - range quoted is notoriously optimistic and this seems quite low (10 miles for the entry version) so I'm not sure how useful it would be
2 battery version - 20 mile range- would be OK but still shortish
and, as mentioned above, the 3 battery version is illegal in the UK :eek:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady

a.twiddler

Veteran
Reminds me of the sort of thing that used to be advertised in the Sunday papers years ago. A bolt on roller drive electrical assist unit with rechargeable batteries etc. long before e bikes were a thing. The roller seemed to be its downfall, slipping at the slightest hint of rain, and poor motor power that never lived up to its promise to get you up hills.

Perhaps Rubbee have overcome all these drawbacks with modern electronics but none of their reviews in that link look convincing. If I was in the market for that sort of thing I'd let someone else (or a lot of someone elses) be a test pilot with their own money to get some feedback first. Curious that if they've supposedly been around in some form or other for so long that we've only just heard of them.

Top Bottom