Rubbing/grinding at speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It sounds like the ‘Mavic growl’. It’s a typical issue with Mavic wheels. If they are brand new, it’s a warranty replacement job, if not, ( if you bought them second hand etc.) if it is the growl. the freehub is toast I’m afraid. You can re free hub them or get completely new wheels .
That may sometimes be true, but it definitely isn't always true ... My Aksium freehub developed the 'growl'***. I fixed it by stripping the hub down, cleaning it, and lubing it with light oil. It has worked perfectly ever since.

(*** Actually, it was more of an intense screeching noise, so maybe that was a slightly different problem to the 'growl'? :whistle:)

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
That may sometimes be true, but it definitely isn't always true ... My Aksium freehub developed the 'growl'***. I fixed it by stripping the hub down, cleaning it, and lubing it with light oil. It has worked perfectly ever since.

(*** Actually, it was more of an intense screeching noise, so maybe that was a slightly different problem to the 'growl'? :whistle:)
Sounds the same,ill keep my fingers crossed !

Top Bottom