Rubbish Christmas Tv

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I quite enjoyed the latest Mary Poppins which was Sky's big Christmas film.

Not that any of the actors can dance anywhere near as well as Dick Van Dyke.

The original is worth watching for him alone.

pawl

Legendary Member
Wow what's happened to good Tv at Christmas..
They always used to put a good afternoon film on the box.
Its Boxing Day and ITV 1 think Horse Racing is what families and Children would like to watch this afternoon.
Im going back to bed lol.

Continuous carry on films on ITV

It was on earlier this year, not sure which channel. Two Beatles films I'd love to see again are Yellow Submarine and Let it Be. Neither has been on TV for years.
I saw hard days night again on its cinema release sometime late nineties. At the end the audience clapped. Not often that happens.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Started watching Worzel Gummidge but gave up after 30 minutes. When the same bloke writes, directs, and is the main star in a production it is so often a bad sign. You need someone else on board who will tell them the script is a bit crap and over indulgent.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hate to disagree but Scrooge on the 3 nights before xmas was fantastic...Mrs Browns Boys last night not so much.
I agree with the Christmas Carol, very good adaptation, but mrs browns boys??

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Hate to disagree but Scrooge on the 3 nights before xmas was fantastic...Mrs Browns Boys last night not so much.

I love the book, but any adaptation that starts with urinating on Marley's gravestone is not going go down well with me. The book is perfect and why they felt the need to take such liberties with it I don't know. I only watched the first episode though so maybe it improves.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ghost story on at 9 ch5 I'll give this a go.

Some good kids pixar things.. And a few seen before, skyfall now , good bond film but seen it a few times already.

Been watching s3 hinterland, excellent

Top Bottom