Rubbish Christmas Tv

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
My solution to bad Christmas TV (or bad TV in general) is not to watch TV: I haven't watched TV for about 15 years. At the moment, I'm watching (for the nth time) the Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series on DVD. I love the one-liners, e.g. "I think I speak for all of us when I say: Huh?".

vickster

Legendary Member
Paddington 2 for us as well, great fun.
I can't remember if I've seen the first one...missed it when it was on earlier in the week

winjim

Smash the cistern
Tried to watch the first Paddington film last year sometime but the then three year old was scared of Nicole Kidman. Might try again at some point. She managed to make it through the whole of Moana this time around, without being too scared of the storm, but she didn't like Shrek.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Started watching Worzel Gummidge but gave up after 30 minutes. When the same bloke writes, directs, and is the main star in a production it is so often a bad sign. You need someone else on board who will tell them the script is a bit crap and over indulgent.

I didn't realise Jon Pertwee wrote and directed it as well

Profpointy

Legendary Member
There must have been about ten different Christmas Carol films spread over the channels this year.

I like the Jean-Luc Slaphead version the best; better even than Alastair Simm's version and that's saying something.

I thought the 3 parter was well worth watching and had some merit, but not sure the additions added that much, though was a worthy try

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Why do we seem to have an endless run of films glorifying war and reruns of war films? I lived through the war but it was many years ago. I still remember but why do we have to continually harp back, surely it is time to move on. Slight thread drift but there seemed to be lots of war films on this Christmas.

Top Bottom