Rubbish Christmas Tv

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I love the book, but any adaptation that starts with urinating on Marley's gravestone is not going go down well with me. The book is perfect and why they felt the need to take such liberties with it I don't know. I only watched the first episode though so maybe it improves.

Episodes 2 and 3 were magnificent. I was a bit taken aback by the opening gravestone scene but it was all explained in episode 3 and one could think that the desecration of Marley's grave didn't go far enough!

"One of the survivors of a mining disaster that was caused by Marley and Scrooge's refusal to pay to maintain the mine travelled from Wales once a year on the disaster's aniversary to pee on his grave"

irw

Quadricyclist
It was on earlier this year, not sure which channel. Two Beatles films I'd love to see again are Yellow Submarine and Let it Be. Neither has been on TV for years.

Help! Just has to be the best (funniest) though...I've got HDN, Yellow Sub and Help! on video!

Milzy

Guru
It has been totally shocking, not even felt like Christmas. The world is changing fast, becoming more miserable than ever.

vickster

Legendary Member
When the lighter nights come & we’re all out smelling the flowers I’m sure we’ll all be much happier.
I'm not convinced based on this summer's posts...we shall see...possibly

lane

Veteran
Started watching Worzel Gummidge but gave up after 30 minutes. When the same bloke writes, directs, and is the main star in a production it is so often a bad sign. You need someone else on board who will tell them the script is a bit crap and over indulgent.

Quite enjoyed it.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I love the book, but any adaptation that starts with urinating on Marley's gravestone is not going go down well with me. The book is perfect and why they felt the need to take such liberties with it I don't know. I only watched the first episode though so maybe it improves.
The new ‘Christmas Carol’ bored us schitless, one episode is enough thanks.

Top Bottom