Rubbish in neighbours garden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As a few may know we are trying to sell our house and we have an issue with a neighbour, they have a collection of broken furniture in the front garden thats been there since x mas and no signs of it moving .
I am thinking it does not help 1st impressions if we get potential buyers and as its a council house and they rent i have half a mind to contact the council.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Try Environmental Health. Say you've seen rats coming out of it. :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
Contact the council. Itll be in their tenancy that they have to keep the place moderately tidy and not cause nuisance etc. Be careful about making false or misleading reports to environmental health...you can be prosecuted for it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If you do that then won't you have to disclose it to the solicitors as a "problem with neighbors" when you sell yours?
They are nice people i just find it odd that they not removed it , they have an old sedan so it would be hard for them to take it too the tip i dunno whether to tell em if they break it down i will remove it

Mike_P

Guru
Could be they know someone who has offered to remove it but as yet had not turned up, bit like that odd job man who promised to pop round and fix something...

tom73

Guru
If they are nice and you get on with them then just see if you help them out. It will be in the tenancy it's in ours best to a avoid telling the council. They tend to offer little help other than get it moved which they are finding difficult won't help other then getting them in trouble which can quickly turn into being heavy handed.
Plus if your moving it's best all round if you leave on nice terms with neighbours and not to have left them to deal with a whole lot of hot water. :smile:

Top Bottom