Rubbish in neighbours garden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In some places a "free" sign would do it.
Round here if anything half decent isn't chained to something sturdy then it will go!

My sister was plugging her electric mower into a power socket in the house when she felt a tug on the cable. Roving 'scrappies' were trying to pinch the mower off her lawn.

:wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sounds a bit like my neighbour, other than he's left a load of building rubble on 'shared land' directly opposite my house, since November.

Drago

Legendary Member
Round here if anything half decent isn't chained to something sturdy then it will go!

My sister was plugging her electric mower into a power socket in the house when she felt a tug on the cable. Roving 'scrappies' were trying to pinch the mower off her lawn.

I fitted a new oven last week, and left the old one on the driveway intending to take it to the dump on ssturday when Mrs D was about to help me. It didn't last 48 hours.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I fitted a new oven last week, and left the old one on the driveway intending to take it to the dump on ssturday when Mrs D was about to help me. It didn't last 48 hours.
I spotted a few fridge freezers out on local pavements recently, probably flood-damaged? They didn't stay around long either!

It amazes me that scrappies can get enough for them to make them worth picking up.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My sympathies to the OP. I often walk down my dear departed mum and dad's old street. It was once considered to be 'one of the nicest streets in the town'. Now half the houses have rubbish or loads of wheelie bins outside on the front of the house. Wheelie bins are supposed to be in the back street,not on the front,but hey,it's a few less feet to walk to the front than the back! One house has had bags of old building rubble and other such stuff on its front for what must be at least 4 years.:headshake:

Drago

Legendary Member
My sympathies to the OP. I often walk down my dear departed mum...
You are Norman Bates AICMFP!

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo

That example is pretty crazy- definitely a good thing in general though, my parents have several times put something out and had it taken away a few days later. A good bit of recycling

tom73

Guru
Just remember fly tipping is an offence not to mention the social and environmental impact it has.
The man in a van driving round only want the bits that make money. What you think they do with other bits ?
Taking waste away for free is not free someone will end up paying in the end.
Being it you when the council have to pick up the bill , the farmer down the lane, or someone in the street a few miles up the road.
Or if it's found to be your waste then you, when environmental health send you a "nice" see you in court letter.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Difficult one - I think you need to tread carefully to avoid causing offense / giving them an incentive to leave it there.

Safest option IMO would be to casually ask if they'd like a hand getting rid of it.. Making them aware of your reasons might cause resentment that your agenda is encroaching on their "right" to do what they want with their garden (be aware that people can be incredibly irrational and misguided over thier supposed rights relative to petty housing issues). If they're decent folk they might take your suggestion as an indicator that you don't appreciate their crap being there and give them an incentive to move it...

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Difficult one - I think you need to tread carefully to avoid causing offense / giving them an incentive to leave it there.

Safest option IMO would be to casually ask if they'd like a hand getting rid of it.. Making them aware of your reasons might cause resentment that your agenda is encroaching on their "right" to do what they want with their garden (be aware that people can be incredibly irrational and misguided over thier supposed rights relative to petty housing issues). If they're decent folk they might take your suggestion as an indicator that you don't appreciate their crap being there and give them an incentive to move it...

Yes, I think I would adopt that approach too.

Although the OP has no responsibility for the rubbish, it may just be more effective to "help" in it's removal, and ease the wheels of selling his house.

Always the "easy life" option me, life is too short. ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
@cyberknight Did this ever get resolved.

My neighbour has just added to the pile of building sheite opposite my house on shared land - only saw if from my shedoffice as it's behind a tree that has grown well since November when he dumped the last lot. :ohmy: It's 4 1/2 foot tall, of panels, insulation etc. He's also plonked a shed on his driveway at the front of the house - probably for the kids bikes (there are 9 children living there). PS Bet he still has less bikes than I do ! :laugh:

It's shared land in the deeds, but he think's it's his.

Top Bottom