Rude cyclist does not say hi :-D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@ianrauk I think you owe me some of your stashed "kerchingg!!" money :laugh:
It was me, I confess, I didn't say it!
Well, actually I never say "it", unless the cyclist is known to me, or if she/he says hi first :whistle:
But today, oh, cannae believe how rude I was!
He was young, all the gear, I'm old, no idea, no expectations of acknowledgements ... he flashes a big smile ... Hi!
Before I registered he was long gone, away on the cycle path in a cloud of dust ... woe is me!
I would have done a u-turn to remedy my rudeness, only can't do them ...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My guess is that the sun came out and the whole of Glasgow was disorientated and behaved accordingly.

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 3728380, member: 9609"]I for give you pat, women are often speechless when they see me...[/QUOTE]
It wasn't you, not the same bike :biggrin:

anothersam

SMIDSMe
...actually I never say "it", unless the cyclist is known to me, or if she/he says hi first
I usually make myself receptive to saying Hi, but don't always initiate pleasantries either. This is unrelated to weather or latitude (I'm down here in East Sussex – Aloha, Glasgow). Rather, it is a split second decision based on a number of factors: have we met before and have I been burned before? Are you walking your dog or being walked on a horse? ("Hello" is my standard greeting to announce a cyclist about to pass; it rarely fails to achieve a surprised smile in return. That's right: I'm the ambassador of friendly velo in these lanes.) Can you see me through your tinted Oakleys? Are we both so intent on safe passage through a tricky bit that survival takes precedence over social contact? Is there tendonitis in the air? Then there's biorhythmic karma to consider…
woe is me!
In any event you've payed it forward by sharing your story, which will surely influence some to experiment with cheeriness. Perhaps he had no expectations of acknowledgements either, and would be the first to tell you not to worry about it. Either that or he is taking to social media even as I type this, and you're soon to be at the centre of a firestorm.

glasgownow.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom